Timewalking Campaigns (aka Chromie Time) allow players who have already experienced Battle for Azeroth and reached level 50 on at least one character to choose to level any subsequent characters in a different expansion. While a Timewalking Campaign is active, all zones will scale up to level 50 instead of their usual level caps. Veteran players can pick a campaign from Chromie near the Stormwind Embassy or Orgrimmar Embassy and get adventuring.
Chromie offers six campaign choices, each corresponding to a specific expansion:
Aid Azeroth's many civilizations in the wake of the aftermath of the Shattering.
- Who would have thought someone named Deathwing would bring about so much destruction?
- You look quite prepared!
Answer the Argent Crusade's call to disrupt Arthas's plans, and put his undead scourge on ice!
- Do not exercise restraint when showing your great power to the Scourge!
Untouched by war for over 10,000 years, the Horde and Alliance are at war after the disappearance of the White Pawn, but a dark secret lives within the earth. The factions of Azeroth ignored the pandaren's warnings that emotions manifest in dangerous ways in their mystic land.
- Whatever you do, do not get between a pandaren and their brew. It'll be unbearably painful if you do!
- If a scary orc offers you something to drink, you probably want to say no.
Claim your weapon, establish your order hall, and stop the demonic assault on our world!
- If you find a powerful weapon, just make sure it isn't corrupted by the Burning Legion or Old Gods, okay?
- Timewalking Campaigns can be swapped at any time, and you can even pause experience gains if you want to finish an entire expansion’s storyline without the level 50 interruption.
- After choosing a Timewalking Campaign, you are able to use dungeon and raid finders of that expansion's instances.
- Chromie appears as an hourglass on both the map and minimap for Timewalking Campaigns.
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Added.