|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- "Tiragarde" redirects here. For other uses, see Tiragarde (disambiguation).
|Level: 110 - 120
Battle Pet Level: 25
Central & Southeastern Kul Tiras
|Sources: Battle for Azeroth|
Tiragarde Sound, sometimes shortened to "the sound", is the largest and most central of the three major regions of Kul Tiras. Mountainous and rugged, the region is divided in two by a massive bay that opens into the Great Sea. Tiragarde Sound is host to the Kul Tiran capital city of Boralus, and thus serves as the seat of power for the ruling House Proudmoore. Its citizens retain a strong maritime tradition and hail from a wide range of backgrounds, from monster hunters and pirates to noblemen and tidesages.
Tiragarde Sound sits on an inlet in the middle of Kul Tiras. It connects the Great Sea from one side of the island to the other, and is a connection point for all the major regions of Kul Tiras. The region is notably the seat of House Proudmoore. Boralus, the capital of Kul Tiras, is located here.
The people of Tiragarde Sound are renowned monster hunters, raging battle against the creatures of the sea, and struggle every day against pirates at their own shores. While the pirates were once content to stay at Freehold, in recent months, they have grown bolder, and began attacking Tiragarde Sound. The region has been marred by infighting and corruption. Gangs run rampant while the region's leaders squabble for power and influence.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Freehold||110 - 120||5 player||Unknown|
|Siege of Boralus||110 - 120||5 player||Unknown|
|Tol Dagor||110 - 120||5 player||20 minutes|
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Drustvar||110 - 120||Southwest||By foot or by ferry.|
|Stormsong Valley||110 - 120||North||By foot.|
|Stormwind City||-||Southeast across the sea||By ship The Relentless from Boralus.|
|Vol'dun||110 - 120||Southwest across the sea||By ship Wind's Redemption from Boralus.|
|Nazmir||110 - 120||Southwest across the sea||By ship Wind's Redemption from Boralus.|
|Zuldazar||110 - 120||Southwest across the sea||By ship Wind's Redemption from Boralus.|
- Main article: Tiragarde Sound NPCs
- Main article: Tiragarde Sound storyline
- Main article: Tiragarde Sound vignettes
Notes & trivia
- In geography, a sound is a large sea or ocean inlet larger than a bay, deeper than a bight, and wider than a fjord; or a narrow sea or ocean channel between two bodies of land.
Tiragarde Keep is presumably named after the region. Alternately, they could both be named from the concept of guarding Kul Tiras.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- ^ a b 2017-11-04, BlizzCon 2017 World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, retrieved on 2017-11-05
- ^ a b 2017-11-03, WOW: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH NEW CONTINENTS, ZONES, BLIZZCON 2017. Blizzpro, retrieved on 2017-04-11
- ^ 2018-08-01, Battle for Azeroth: Tiragarde Sound Visitor’s Guide. Blizzard Entertainment, retrieved on 2018-08-17