Difference between revisions of "Tiragarde Sound"
|Line 83:||Line 83:|
**[[Placid Spring|The Placid Spring]]
**[[Placid Spring|The Placid Spring]]
Latest revision as of 10:40, 23 January 2021
- "Tiragarde" redirects here. For other uses, see Tiragarde (disambiguation).
|Level: 110 - 120|
Battle Pet Level: 25
Priscilla Ashvane †
Harlan Sweete †
Anglepoint Wharf |
Vigil Hill |
|Affiliation||Outriggers, Proudmoore Admiralty, House Proudmoore, Kul Tiras, Alliance, Irontide Raiders, House Ashvane|
|Location||Central & southeastern Kul Tiras|
|PvP status||Contested territory|
Tiragarde Sound is the largest and most central of the three major regions of Kul Tiras. Mountainous and rugged, the region is divided in two by a massive bay that opens into the Great Sea. Tiragarde Sound is host to the Kul Tiran capital city of Boralus and thus serves as the seat of power for the ruling House Proudmoore. Its citizens retain a strong maritime tradition and hail from a wide range of backgrounds, from monster hunters and pirates to noblemen and tidesages.
- 1 History
- 2 Getting there
- 3 Geography
- 4 Notable characters
- 5 Quests
- 6 Vignettes
- 7 Resources
- 8 Wild pets
- 9 Wild creatures
- 10 Notes and trivia
- 11 Speculation
- 12 Gallery
- 13 Videos
- 14 Patch changes
- 15 References
- 16 External links
The people of Tiragarde Sound are renowned monster hunters, raging battle against the creatures of the sea, and struggle every day against pirates at their own shores. While the pirates were once content to stay at Freehold, in recent months, they have grown bolder, and began attacking Tiragarde Sound. The region has been marred by infighting and corruption. Gangs run rampant while the region's noble leaders squabble for power and influence.
The region of Tiragarde Sound serves as the heart of Kul Tiras. Nearly bisected by the capital city of Boralus, the land is rich with wildlife in the hills and mountains to the north and south, and its people enjoy the bounty of the oceans to the south, east, and west. It is a realm of people in touch with both the land and the sea. Inland, the mountains and forests provide prime hunting grounds. A vast coastline borders Tiragarde Sound to the south, west, and east, where those brave enough can fish, boat, swim, and hunt for treasure.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|Freehold||110 - 120||5 player||Unknown|
|Tol Dagor||115 - 120||5 player||20 minutes|
|Siege of Boralus||120||5 player||Unknown|
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Drustvar||110 - 120||Southwest||By foot or by ferry.|
|Stormsong Valley||110 - 120||North||By foot.|
|Stormwind City||-||Southeast across the sea||By ship The Relentless from Boralus.|
|Vol'dun||110 - 120||Southwest across the sea||By ship Wind's Redemption from Boralus.|
|Nazmir||110 - 120||Southwest across the sea||By ship Wind's Redemption from Boralus.|
|Zuldazar||110 - 120||Southwest across the sea||By ship Wind's Redemption from Boralus.|
- Main article: Tiragarde Sound NPCs
- Main article: Tiragarde Sound storyline
- Main article: Tiragarde Sound vignettes
Notes and trivia
- The citizens of Tiragarde are represented in the capital Boralus by the various nobles of the area. There are also Tiragarde traders there. As the seat of the Proudmoore Admiralty, they are also heavily present in the armies and fleets of the kingdom.
- One of the ships of the Third Fleet was the Pride of Tiragarde.
- The Sailing Wolves are a bandit group operating in Tiragarde Sound.
- Pirates tell tales of a skeletal demon that lives in the sound. Flynn Fairwind believes that the krolusk known as the Ghost of the Deep is the origin of the story.
- In geography, a sound is a large sea or ocean inlet larger than a bay, deeper than a bight, and wider than a fjord; or a narrow sea or ocean channel between two bodies of land.
- In the Map and Quest log the Tol Dagor instance is shown as part of Tiragarde Sound while the Tol Dagor outside zone is shown as a separate zone of Kul Tiras.
- Tiragarde Keep is presumably named after the region. Alternately, they could both be named from the concept of guarding Kul Tiras.
- Tiragarde Sound could be named after Tyr similarly to Tirisfal Glades.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.
- ^ a b c 2018-08-01, Battle for Azeroth: Tiragarde Sound Visitor's Guide. Blizzard Entertainment, retrieved on 2018-08-17
- ^ a b 2017-11-03, WOW: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH NEW CONTINENTS, ZONES, BLIZZCON 2017. Blizzpro, retrieved on 2017-04-11
- ^ a b 2017-11-04, BlizzCon 2017 World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, retrieved on 2017-11-05