To Catch A Sparrowhawk
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
70 (Requires 70)
To Catch A Sparrowhawk is part of the Druid's Swift Flight Form quest chain.
Most of the sparrowhawks nest here, on the Twilight Ridge. If you can catch one, I'll train it to spot the pieces of your buried tablet.
It's going to be difficult, though. The sparrowhawks are very skittish and will flee at your approach. I'd suggest cornering one or prowling to get close enough to cast your net.
Did you catch one of the sparrowhawks?
Well done! I'm still in the process of getting the hawks to trust me, but I know enough about them to train this one for your needs.
The Sparrowhawks will sense danger and flee quickly whenever you come up near it. The best way to capture a Sparrowhawk is to use to sneak up on it. Use the net directly from your stealthed state and the bird will usually not have time to get out of range.
Other ways of capturing the sparrowhawk: Using fails often, and will cause the sparrowhawk to flee. also fails often, and damages the bird at the same time, which is not terribly helpful. An alternative approach is to use Soothe Animal on a sparrowhawk. Once you've soothed it, you can get close enough to throw the net and catch it before it has a chance to run. This often works first time.
- Upon completion of this quest, Watcher Elaira entices the Sparrowhawk close...
- Watcher Elaira says: Come closer, young one. There's nothing to fear from me or <name>.
- Captive Sparrowhawk cautiously approaches Watcher Elaira.
- Watcher Elaira says: I'm going to train you to help <name> with a very important task. After that, I promise you'll be free to return home.
- Watcher Elaira says: You will hear the call when you are needed. Fly east, to Skettis, and wait there for <name>'s signal.