|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Tol Dagor is a dungeon in Battle for Azeroth. It is a prison located in an island east of Tiragarde Sound. Tol Dagor used to be a real prison, but some time ago the Ashvane Trading Company bought it. Now it is Priscilla Ashvane's own personal fortress with scumbags on both sides of the bars.
Once a highly maintained prison, Tol Dagor has since been purchased and run by the Ashvane Company. Now, it serves as indefinite holding for any who would oppose the Ashvane Trading Company.
- Main article: The Sand Queen#Quotes
The party then approaches Tol Dagor's sewer entrance.
- Taelia says: Oof! You had to crawl through this stuff to escape? Try to stay downwind from me!
Upon entering The Drain, a conversation between Ashvane and Korgus is heard.
- Priscilla Ashvane yells: Korgus! Explain to me why you haven't flooded the lower levels and drowned these squabbling rats!?
- Overseer Korgus says: My apologies, Lady Ashvane. I am confident my men will restore order soon.
Making their way further through the Sodden Depths, the conversation continues.
- Priscilla Ashvane says: You'd better be right, or your replacement's first duty will be to watch you drown with the rest of this scum.
- Irontide Thug yells: Intruders are coming through the sewers!
- Main article: Jes Howlis#Quotes
After Howlis' death, a jailer bars the way.
- Ashvane Jailer yells: The beast is dead! Ashvane, secure the upper floors! I'll take care of this thief...
The jailer is killed.
- Taelia says: Well done. Looks like you have things under control.
- Taelia says: We'll finish securing the lower levels while you make your way to the Overseer.
A spotter gives the alarm, and the Ashvane Officer and his men bar the way.
- Ashvane Spotter yells: They're here! Light the munitions!
The officer is killed.
- Proudmoore Elite yells: We've secured the prisoners and established a perimeter. The lower levels belong to us.
Reaching the surface at the Overseer's Redoubt, the Ashvane are everywhere and try to stop the party's progression. They make a last stand right before Valyri's room.
- Ashvane Marine yells: Stand ready, men! They're coming!
- Ashvane Marine yells: Check your fire! I'm looking at you, flame caster. If any of these Azerite munitions explode, we'll all be dust!
The party reaches the Ashvane Armory where they defeat Valyri.
- Main article: Knight Captain Valyri#Quotes
They then make their way to the Overseer's Summit, where they kill Korgus.
- Main article: Overseer Korgus#Quotes
- Taelia says: It seems Lady Ashvane will have an opening for a new overseer after all.
- Taelia says: Now that we have the prison under our control and the keys in our possession, we can begin securing the Azerite and releasing the hostages.
- Taelia says: You do good work... for an escaped fugitive.
Maps and subregions
Notes and trivia
- During alpha, the quest said that the Ashvanes threw anyone in; people they didn't like, people they wanted to keep quiet.
- Tol Dagor shares a number of similarities with the Vault of the Wardens from Legion. Both are prisons which first serve as part of the starting experience, then later dungeons for their respective expansions.
- Tol Dagor is named similarly to Tol Barad, which used to be owned by Kul Tiras, which is also why it shares a similar architecture.
- The uninstanced version of Tol Dagor has its own map like Eye of Azshara, but is considered to be part of Tiragarde Sound.
- During early development, the blockout concept for Tol Dagor had the "Pirate Queen" as a boss. This pirate boss seems to have been moved to the Freehold dungeon as Harlan Sweete. It also included an "Old God room" with a "Squid Face boss", which seem to have been moved to the Shrine of the Storm dungeon.