- For the achievement, see [Tol Dagor].
Tol Dagor is a dungeon in Battle for Azeroth. It is a prison located in an island east of Tiragarde Sound. Tol Dagor used to be a real prison, but some time ago the Ashvane Trading Company bought it. Now it is Priscilla Ashvane's own personal fortress with scumbags on both sides of the bars.
Once a highly maintained prison, Tol Dagor has since been purchased and run by the Ashvane Company. Now, it serves as indefinite holding for any who would oppose the Ashvane Trading Company.
Maps and subregions
Please add any available information to this section.
Notes and trivia
- During alpha, the quest [110 - 120] Out Like Flynn said that the Ashvanes threw anyone in; people they didn't like, people they wanted to keep quiet.
- Tol Dagor shares a number of similarities with the Vault of the Wardens from Legion. Both are prisons which first serve as part of the starting experience, then later dungeons for their respective expansions.
- Tol Dagor is named similarly as Tol Barad, which used to be owned by Kul Tiras, which is also why it shares a similar architecture.
- Much like Tol Barad, the name "Tol Dagor" is derived from the Quenya and Sindarin languages created by J. R. R. Tolkien for his legendarium. "Tol" is Quenya and Sindarin for "island" while "dagor" is Sindarin for "battle". "Tol Dagor" would thus mean "The Island of the Battle" in Sindarin.
- The uninstanced version of Tol Dagor has its own map like Eye of Azshara, but is considered to be part of Tiragarde Sound.
- During early development, the blockout concept for Tol Dagor had the "Pirate Queen" as a boss. This pirate boss seems to have been moved to the Freehold dungeon as Harlan Sweete. It also included an "Old God room" with a "Squid Face boss", which seem to have been moved to the Shrine of the Storm dungeon.