Tooga is a talking level 85 turtle occasionally found at Ashen Lake in Mount Hyjal during the Firelands Invasion. He is working with Tortolla the Turtle Ancient's children in the fight against the Fireland invaders.
He started the quest , which was timed (30 mins) and sent you – with him in tow – to his wife Torta, who resided near Steamwheedle Port. It was very simple and easy, but all party members had to stay close to Tooga en route. If you mounted up and went on ahead of him long enough, you'd fail the quest even though he might survive. He was able to fight on his own, and would aid you to some extent in your adventures for a short period of time.
During the escort, Tooga would say a few of the following phrases.
- Are we there yet?
- How much further to go?
- I'm thirsty.
- I keep getting sand stuck in my toes.
- I wish you could just pick me up and carry me.
- Torta must be so worried.
- Have you heard the one about the ogre, the goblin, and the pit lord?
Upon arrival, Tooga has some words with his wife:
- Tooga says: Torta, my love! I have returned at long last.
- Torta says: You have any idea how long I've been waiting here? And where's dinner? All that time gone and nothing to show for it?
- Tooga says: My dearest Torta, I have been gone for so long. Finally we are reunited. At long last our love van blossom again.
- Torta says: Enough with the rambling. I am starving! Now, get your dusty shell into that ocean and bring momma some grub.
- Tooga says: Yes, Torta. Whatever your heart desires...
- Torta says: And try not to get lost this time...
- Tooga walks to the sea and disappears...
- Firelands Invasion
- NOW, YOUNG ONES! ATTACK THE PORTAL! FOR TORTOLLA!
- Both Tooga and his wife, Torta, were a split of the word "Tortuga," which is the Spanish word for turtle.
- was named after him.