89 (Requires 87)
Collect 9 Palewind Totems.
I have a suspicion that there are dark forces at work here, and those totems may be the key to drawing them out.
Could you bring me some of these totems for further inspection? I would like to study them.
I do believe the totems could be of use to us.
I was right! These totems were once used to store and conduct immense magical energies.
I do believe I can use them once again to do the same.
- 196000 XP
- +75 reputation with Shado-Pan
Get started burning Palewind Villagers, killing hyenas, finding totems, and scouting the four smoke trails. The totem is a ground-targeted AoE and is large enough to get a few yaungol at a time.
The southern smoke trail is by the oil derricks, with the Palewind Chief:
- Xiao Tu says: It's the yaungol chief, slain like the rest. Seems that he could not keep order in the final fight.
Eastern trail is by the wall in the corner:
- Xiao Tu says: They fought over their food supplies. It looks like rather than sharing their food, someone destroyed it all. Why would they do that?
The "northwestern" trail is just northwest of the eastern trail:
- Xiao Tu says: Look, I see some of Suna's things! She must have made camp here. But where is she?
Western some trail is northwest of the questgivers by another three oil derricks:
- Xiao Tu says: From what I can tell, there were no sides in this fight. Why would the yaungol kill each other in a free-for-all?
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.