Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Touch of Weakness
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.2.
|Touch of Weakness|
Touch of Weakness was one of the priest racial abilities formerly available to undead and blood elven priests. It is a Shadow spell/ability that provides a self-buff when cast on the priest which causes shadow damage to enemy attackers and weakens their next attacks by a set amount.
- Casting Touch of Weakness applies a 10 minute buff to the Priest. When an enemy target successfully hits the Priest in melee, the target is hit for a small amount of Shadow damage (which can be modified by Shadow/general spell +damage) and a 120-second (2 minutes) duration debuff is applied to the target that reduces melee damage. This debuff does not stack.
- Prior to Patch 1.10.0, it applied a 60-second buff to the Priest, and the debuff would only be applied if the Priest melee attacked an enemy target.
Tips and tactics
Touch of Weakness can be very useful for a Priest who has invested heavily in the Shadow talent tree. Although the amount of damage that is reduced at high levels is fairly insignificant, the true power of Touch of Weakness is the Shadow damage component. Since Shadow damage is dealt to the target, Touch of Weakness will apply a charge of to the target (if the Priest has fully invested in the talent), and it also has a chance to proc , making it a useful tool against Rogues, Warriors, Enhancement Shamans, etc.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Removed.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This spell can now activate .
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Now a 10 min. buff on the caster that is triggered when they are struck in melee. The effect is otherwise the same. Mana cost decreased substantially.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Stronger versions of this effect on enemy targets will no longer be replaced by weaker versions.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Should now be affected by the , , , , and talents.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.