Trade Prince Gallywix/The Future of Gallywix
- "The shocking part about that? Thrall lets him live, and lets him keep his title of Trade Prince for the Bilgewater Cartel, at least for the moment. It's up in the air on whether Gallywix will remain the leader of the Goblins. After all, he is the only leader that is truly and completely hated by all other members of the Horde, including those of his own race."
- - Mike Rosenberg on Gallywix
Many players find it odd that Thrall would allow Gallywix to remain the goblin leader. Even the Bilgewater goblins themselves are portrayed as hating Gallywix and thinking of him as a monster, and in a starting quest one goblin even dreads his survival.
Gallywix's crimes, follies, and other evidence of his incompatibility with being Trade Prince are that he:
- Was going to lose his status as Trade Prince before the eruption of Mount Kajaro anyway.
- Tried to sell his entire race and cartel into slavery after taking their life's savings.
- Hates the player, frequently berates and threatens him or her, and swears vengeance against him or her. 
- Hired Southsea Freebooters to kill the player's party guests.
- Trapped, enslaved and brainwashed most of the Bilgewater Cartel in the Gallywix Labor Mine.
- Hired the Steamwheedle Sharks after enslaving his own Cartel to kill the player and the resisting members of the Bilgewater Cartel.
- Went to war with the surviving Horde and Bilgewater Cartel resistance on the Lost Isles using the Steamwheedle Sharks and Southsea Pirates as mercenaries, as well as brainwashed members of his own cartel for manual labor.
- Attempted to murder the player and former Warchief Thrall.
- Despite having his own Palace in Azshara, he is not in it, nor is he anywhere in-game beyond the goblin starting zone despite having a voice set indicating he is supposed to be within the Palace.
As Gallywix is highly unpopular both in the game and in reality, and every other racial leader is at least nice to their own people, he may only be Trade Prince temporarily. Supporting this is Thrall's dialogue that Gallywix will lead "for now", and that, beyond the goblin starting zone, Gallywix does not yet exist in-game, making the goblins the only race not to have an in-game leader.
- Some have suggested Boss Mida, a product of the fan-made Trade Princess Movement, who runs the Goblin Slums.
- Others have said that Sassy Hardwrench would be a clever leader or even Gazlowe of Ratchet.
- ^ http://www.dailymetagame.com/Articles/ArticleDetail/tabid/68/ArticleId/65/The-Portal-The-Greedy-Goblin-Gallywix.aspx
- ^ a b
- ^ Says You think you're such a bigshot, saving everyone and making friends with these orc savages?! I'm going to crush you! I'm the Trade Prince! Me! I've got a plan that's going to get me off this island and make me the king of Azshara! Mark my words! I'm going to get you, <name>! I'll get you all! Out of my way! in
- ^ Says "HOW CONVENIENT. YOU WILL BOTH BOW TO ME OR FALL TOGETHER!" in
- ^ Dialogue between Thrall and Gallywix at the end of