|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.2.
Training points were used to "spec" the pet in various ways, including passive modifications such as , Avoidance, increased Armor, Health and Resistances, as well as active abilities, such as , , and other various beast abilities.
Hunter pets could be untrained of all their skills from any beast trainer in the major cities. Similar to talents, untraining a specific pet scaled up as you do it more times: 10 silver, 50 silver, 1 gold, 2 gold, 3 gold, etc., eventually stopping at 10 gold.
- A level 70 pet with max Loyalty (Rank 6 - Best Friend) would have 350 training points to spend. (level)*(loyalty-1)
- Maximum available training points were not affected by the level at which the pet was tamed.
- Growl cost no training points at any rank, and could even be trained with negative TP.
- TP spent on purchased ranks of an ability counted toward the total TP cost of following ranks.
- TP could be reset by Pet Trainers, who were normally found in major cities near Hunter Trainers.
- See: Pet talents