Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- "The secret of the tranquility spell is to call upon that most peaceful, most carring part of Azeroth's nature... of the Emerald Dream's nature..."
- — Malfurion Stormrage to Broll Bearmantle
Tranquility is a level 80 Restoration druid point blank area of effect group healing spell that heals all party or raid members every 2 seconds while the spell is being channeled. Tranquility produces a large amount of healing over a short period of time, but should be used with some care due to its 8-minute cooldown time, and the fact that the druid cannot move or cast any other spells while channeling it.
- Mechanically, Tranquility is sometimes considered to be a HoT spell and other times not. Talents that affect "healing over time spells" sometimes do and sometimes do not affect Tranquility.
- Tranquility was the ultimate ability of the Keepers of the Grove hero units in Warcraft III. As an archdruid, Malfurion Stormrage also had the ability.
Tips and tactics
- Patch 4.0.1 changed this spell to affect the whole raid, making it a far more effective spell in a raid setting.
- Tranquility is very mana efficient when many party members need healing, but is very ineffective when only one or two players need to be healed. Use it only when most of the group needs to be healed at the same time, such as when a boss has damaged everyone around him.
- Since patch 4.1.0, druids innately have 100% pushback protection from damage while channeling Tranquility. It is no longer necessary to cast beforehand to avoid losing duration to damage.
- As this spell produces a large amount of healing in a short time, it can cause a lot of threat. Warning the rest of your party beforehand can save your life, as the tank can prepare to force the aggro back onto themselves with taunts after the spell has started.
- will not protect you from or . These types of interrupts not only make you waste your Tranquility cooldown, but also disable the spell school, leaving a Restoration druid mostly helpless. Given that your druid will be waving their hands in the air, causing the air to glitter, and producing a distinct noise, it is unlikely to pass unnoticed in PvP.
- Tranquility can be useful for healing targets not in your line of sight.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25):
- Now heals for double the amount in PvP.
- Now learned at level 80 (was 72).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now heals for 100% more while not in a raid setting. Healing increased by 260%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Tranquility is now only available to Restoration Druids.
- Tranquility now heals every Party and Raid member within range every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. It no longer places a periodic effect on each target. The total amount of healing it generates in Raids should be approximately the same as before this change.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now targets 12 raid members (up from 5) each time it heals when used in a 25-player instance. This change also applies to players using the Symbiosis version of Tranquility.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Druids now innately have 100% pushback protection from damage while channeling Tranquility. now reduces the cooldown of Tranquility by 2.5/5 minutes.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Changed to raid-wide and effect reworked to be similar to .
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The cooldown on this spell has been reduced to 8 minutes, down from 10 minutes.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): now works with Tranquility and .
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes. Mana cost reduced by 25%.