Tranquillien is a town located in the Ghostlands, on the western slope of Sungraze Peak overlooking the Dead Scar. It is surrounded by hostile forces, most notably the Scourge of Deatholme. Resources are therefore in perennial short supply, and communications from Silvermoon City are at best infrequent.
Tranquillien is populated by both blood elves and the Forsaken. The two races have formed a faction that is overseen by Dame Auriferous and High Executor Mavren, along with their lieutenants, Advisor Valwyn and Deathstalker Maltendis.
During the Third War, as the Scourge advanced upon Silvermoon City and the Sunwell, the high elves were forced to abandon Tranquillien. The town soon fell into disrepair, but was recently retaken by a coalition of blood elves and forsaken. The two races now use Tranquillien as their base of operations from which they launch attacks aimed at retaking the Ghostlands.
Layout and services
Tranquillien is small, with only limited services available. There are only two profession trainers present - blacksmithing and cooking. Equipment such as armor and weaponry are in short supply and available from only one source. However, there are class trainers for every Blood Elf class located inside the inn.
A road divides Tranquillien into an eastern and western half. On the eastern side is an inn run by Innkeeper Kalarin; Magistrix Aminel, an apothecary, and Terellia, a general goods vendor, are both found on the second floor. At the entrance to the inn is a mailbox and nearby are Master Chef Mouldier, a cooking trainer and supplier, and Blacksmith Frances, the blacksmith trainer who tends the local anvil and forge.
Certain vendors are located north and south of the inn. Most notable among these is Provisioner Vredigar. He will sell items to players, based on their reputation.
Opposite the inn is a tower where you can find the offices of Dame Auriferous and High Executor Mavren. North of Dame Auriferous' and High Executor Mavren's headquarters, on a slight rise surveying the Dead Scar, is the flight master Skymaster Sunwing.
- In the town
- Advisor Valwyn
- Apothecary Renzithen
- Apothecary Venustus <Royal Apothecary Society>
- Apprentice Shatharia
- Apprentice Vor'el
- Arcanist Janeda
- Arcanist Vandril
- Blacksmith Frances <Blacksmithing Supplies>
- Dame Auriferous
- Deathstalker Maltendis
- Deathstalker Rathiel
- Eralan <Poison Vendor>
- Ranger Lethvalin
- Geranis Whitemorn
- High Executor Mavren
- Leonic Truehair <Warrior Trainer>
- Haris Lightsbreath <Paladin Trainer>
- Summoner Fanorad <Warlock Trainer>
- Matron Narsilla <Priest Trainer>
- Innkeeper Kalarin <Innkeeper>
- Keltus Darkleaf
- Magistrix Aminel
- Magister Darenis
- Magister Idonis
- Magister Kaendris
- Magister Sylastor
- Master Chef Mouldier <Cooking Trainer and Supplier>
- Paniar <Stable Master>
- Provisioner Vredigar
- Quartermaster Lymel <General Goods>
- Rathis Tomber <Trade Supplies>
- Skymaster Sunwing <Dragonhawk Master>
- Terellia <Trade Supplies>
- Ranger Belonis <Hunter Trainer>
- Denara Eversun <Mage Trainer>
- Pathstalker Lontral <Rogue Trainer>
- Other members
- Main article: Tranquillien/Dialogue
Reputation and rewards
As a reputation faction, Tranquillien is fairly easy to earn favor with. Players start at neutral with it, and reputation gains are abundant when questing through the Ghostlands. Most Tranquillien-related quests give 1,000 reputation, and one quest——offers a tidy sum of 8,000 reputation. In addition, and are repeatable for 500 reputation per completion.
|Friendly||18 21||Cloth armor|
|18 28||Leather armor|
|18 77||Mail armor|
|18 35||Plate armor|
|43 81||Two-handed sword|
|Honored||16 98||Cloth armor|
|17 16||Leather armor|
|16 79||Mail armor|
|16 19||Plate armor|
|Revered||23 88||Cloth armor|
|23 97||Leather armor|
|25 17||Mail armor|
|23 78||Plate armor|
Notes and trivia
- Renthar Hawkspear suspects sin'dorei rangers are being secretly killed at Tranquillien by the Forsaken, unbeknownst to Lor'themar Theron.
- Occasionally, a group of undead break off from the Dead Scar and go to Tranquillien from its southern entrance. Guards notice them and quickly deal with them.
- Tranquillien was first mentioned by Jeffrey Kaplan aka Tigole in this IGN article.
- The reputation was originally meant to have its own .
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.