Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
A trap is a grounded object, often concealed, that produces an effect as an enemy comes within its range. The ability to set traps is a defining feature of the hunter class. Traps can also sometimes be found in the game environment, usually in instances. Rogues can locate traps with and disarm them with .
- Main article: Hunter trap
Hunters can set the following traps:
- - A trap that freezes the first enemy that approaches, preventing all action for a limited time. Any damage caused will break the ice.
- - A trap that explodes when an enemy approaches, causing Fire damage and additional fire damage over 20 sec to all within 10 yards.
- - A trap that creates an ice slick around itself for 30 sec when the first enemy approaches it. All enemies within 10 yards will be slowed by 60% while in the area of effect.
- - A trap that releases several venomous snakes to attack the first enemy to approach.
- Supply Crate - Found throughout Stratholme. Some crates are traps that poison players and spawn Plagued Rats, Plagued Insects, or Plagued Maggots when opened.
- - Found in the room leading up to Broodlord Lashlayer in Blackwing Lair. This trap give off a Suppression Aura that reduces movement speed by 80%, time between attacks by 400%, and casting time by 80%.
- Proximity Bomb - Thrown by Shadowmoon Technicians in The Blood Furnace. If not disarmed, it will explode causing AoE damage.
- Land Mine - Found in Sparksocket Minefield in Storm Peaks. Rogues can disarm these to make a bit easier.
- Spirit Alarm - Four are found in Icecrown Citadel in the rooms before Lord Marrowgar. When tripped, a Deathbound Ward is released from the wall.
- Inconspicuous Lever - A sort of "reverse trap" found in Icecrown Citadel. When pulled, it safely disables the deadly fog guarding the area beyond Deathbringer's Rise.
- Geist Alarm - Two are found in Icecrown Citadel in the Plagueworks hallway containing Stinky and Precious. When tripped, a pack of Vengeful Fleshreapers ambush the group.