|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
Trap Launcher is a hunter ability learned at level 48. It enables any trap to be launched to any location with 40 yards while active.
Trap Launcher is essentially a method of placing Hunter traps at range. It is off the Global cooldown. This ability allows the hunter to use traps as a ranged-attack method and throw traps on mobs and bosses without having to enter melee range.
Trap Launcher was preceded by , which lasted for the duration of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. It had been the first means of launching a trap effect at range, a welcome quality of life change for hunters.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): No longer resets when changing talents.
- Hotfix (2013-12-11): "Hunter aspects and Trap Launcher effect should no longer be removed at the start of an arena match."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now lasts until cancelled. Focus cost removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.