- When it's time to run, four feet are better than two.
Rank 2 is learned at level 38, causing Travel Form to gain an additional 60% movement speed while in the land version, effectively making it an epic ground mount. This movement speed bonus will not be granted if Travel Form is activated while in combat.
- This form can only be used outdoors.
- This form changes the druid into a stag if in land-restricted areas, a very fast bird in flying-enabled areas, and a seal in the water (which is immensely useful in Vashj'ir).
- You cannot use abilities in this form. You are also considered a Beast, so spells that target Beasts can be used on you (, for instance).
- Your caster form will start regaining mana 5 seconds after you change to Travel Form.
- Travel Form has three specific advantages over a mount:
- Unlike a mount, which players cannot use while in combat, a druid is able to shift into travel form while fighting either a mob or another player if they choose to.
- Travel Form is instantly cast, making it even better for those sticky situations. With Travel Form, druids are able to escape from nearly any fight or simply put distance between themselves and their attackers practically whenever they wish.
- As with any form, you may harvest herbs through herbalism, and skin dead beasts through skinning. This makes it an excellent way to achieve the fastest results with a gathering profession.
- The ground based travel form increases your speed by 100% when activated out of combat, and 40% when in combat or when in an arena or battleground. Previously it always increased speed by just 40%. Which speed you get depends on your combat status when you shapeshift.
Tips and tactics
- This form is instant cast, so it can be used to beat a strategic retreat if a fight is going badly. However when used in combat you'll be considered land-restricted, even in flying-enabled zones, and so must wait until you're out of combat to use the flying form.
- The travel form does not stack with speed enchants or speed gems, with the exception of the level 60 and 70 Feral PvP 4 piece set bonus.
- When combined with , Worgen Druids are able to go nearly as fast as a Journeyman Mount.
Before the model change to stag, it was widely speculated that the stag model was intended to be implemented from day one but changed at the last minute, explaining the odd hoof-shaped icon, and the fact that while the other forms had unique skins, this form looked identical to cheetahs in the game.
Travel Form on the ground
Highmountain tauren Travel Form.
Zandalari troll Travel Form.
Kul Tiran Travel Form.
Travel Form with Glyph of the Doe
Travel Form in water
Zandalari troll (bottom)
Kul Tiran (bottom left)
Travel Form with Glyph of the Orca
Travel Form with Glyph of the Dolphin
Travel Form with Glyph of the Tideskipper
Travel Form in the air
Zandalari troll (top right)
Kul Tiran (top right)
Tauren and night elf with Glyph of the Humble Flyer, formerly regular
Troll with Glyph of the Humble Flyer, formerly regular
Glyph of the Sentinel (troll coloration, the form color depends on race)
Archdruid's Lunarwing Form (troll coloration, the form color depends on race)
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 18 (was 16).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer costs mana. , and have been merged into Travel Form, which changes depending on location.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Can now be learned at level 16.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12):
- Shapeshifting will now counteract the slowing effects of frost-based spells (Frostbolt, Frost Shock, Cone of Cold, etc.).
- Druid shapeshift form buttons are no longer dimmed while under the effects of Polymorph.
- Shapeshifting now breaks roots, snares, and freeze effects.
- Shapeshift forms now include an immunity to polymorph effects.
- Travel Form is now only usable outdoors.
- Now considered a beast in Travel Form.
- Shapeshifting will no longer cancel all buffs on the Druid.
- Shapeshifting cooldown reduced from 10 to 1.5 seconds.
- Druids now regenerate mana while in shape shift form.
- Travel Form is no longer usable underwater.
- Travel Form mana cost now scales with level.