A Tree of Eternity is a tree of ages who has reached its full maturity. This is the highest level of growth, and the strongest possible bond with the World Tree and the Well of Eternity. At this point the night elf community is at its height, drawing freely from the tree's nearly unlimited power.
These ancients suffered heavy losses during the Third War and returned to the forests to spread their seeds and replenish their numbers undisturbed.
Spells and abilities
- Consume a tree to restore 500 hit points over 30 seconds.
||Heals 500 hit points.
- Allows the Ancient to pull itself up out of the ground so that it can move.
- Also gives the Ancient Heavy armor.
||Can move, gets Heavy armor.
- Burrows the Ancient's roots into the ground, rendering it immobile, but allowing it to build units.
- Also gives the Ancient Fortified armor.
||Can't move, gets Fortified armor.
- Nature's Blessing
- Upgrades all Ancients' and Treants' movement speed and armor.
||Tree of Life
||Tree of Ages
|Patch 1.13 (12/17/2003)
- Eat Tree now heals 500 hit points over 30 seconds,
- up from 200 hit points over 10 seconds.
- Patch 1.10 (2003-07-03): Ancients now attack while rooted.
- Patch 1.06 (2003-06-03): Ancients temporarily lose their fortified armor when they uproot, becoming medium armor units.
- Patch 1.01 (2002-07-05):
- Hit points increased to 2000 from 1800.
- Nature's Blessing upgrade is now first available at Tree of Ages instead of Tree of Eternity.