- For lore about trees of life, see Tree of life.
The Tree of Life is a mighty enchanted sapling of the World Tree, Nordrassil, from which the night elves draw their life energies. This mysterious ancient is the key to the night elves' immortality and harmonious coexistence with nature. Nordrassil's energy, channeled through the tree of life, allows the night elves to benefit from its powers regardless of the vast distances that might separate them.
The Tree of Life can grow into the Tree of Ages.
Spells and abilities
- Consume a tree to restore 500 hit points over 30 seconds.
||Heals 500 hit points.
- Allows the Ancient to pull itself up out of the ground so that it can move.
- Also gives the Ancient Heavy armor.
||Can move, gets Heavy armor.
- Burrows the Ancient's roots into the ground, rendering it immobile, but allowing it to build units.
- Also gives the Ancient Fortified armor.
||Can't move, gets Fortified armor.
- Nature's Blessing
- Upgrades all Ancients' and Treants' movement speed and armor.
||Tree of Life
||Tree of Ages
|Patch 1.19 (09/18/2005)
- Build time increased to 120 seconds from 110 seconds.
|Patch 1.13 (12/17/2003)
- Eat trees now heals 500 hit points over 30 seconds,
- up from 200 hit points over 10 seconds.
- Patch 1.10 (2003-07-03): Ancients now attack while rooted.
- Patch 1.06 (2003-06-03): Ancients temporarily lose their fortified armor when they uproot, becoming medium armor units.
- Patch 1.01 (2002-07-05):
- Hit points increased to 1300 from 1000.
- Nature's Blessing upgrade is now first available at Tree of Ages instead of Tree of Eternity.