Trial of Style
|Trial of Style|
March 20 - 24
- 1 Event
- 2 Lore
- 3 NPCs
- 4 Stage guide
- 5 Themes
- 6 Rewards
- 7 Notes and trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 References
- 11 External links
The Trial of Style acts as a scenario for which you can queue up with other random players. Speak with a transmogrifier NPC in any major city to participate in the Trial.
Ladies and gentlemen of the Horde and Alliance, it's time to synchronize your wardrobes and prepare to do battle. The Trial of Style has arrived and it's time to put your transmogrification skills to the test.
Contestants will have two minutes to create transmog sets from within their collection, based on themes in the scenario. Two players at a time will be pulled up on stage to strike a pose and show off their creation— leaving the remaining four to vote on who of the two has managed to capture the theme best.
Strike a pose and shake your little tush... on the catwalk. When the glitter settles, you'll earn your just rewards.
Once the glitter settles and the rounds of voting have completed First Place, Second Place, and Third Place winners will be awarded. Don't worry, even if you don't win, there's always the . These prizes contain which can be redeemed for special transmog gear in Dalaran.
Fashion conscious citizens of Azeroth can also take advantage of Transmogrification and Barbershop services for free during the Trial of Style. Even if you don't participate, you can adjust your hairstyle and transmog for no gold cost while the event is active.
Are you ready to dress to impress?
- Shadreen says: Have you gathered the information I require?
- Nastasia Flairwatcher says: Yes, here are the results.
- Shadreen says: ...you have done well. My master shall be pleased to see this.
Warpweaver Torell is the transmog master, talk to him to change clothes.
Warpweaver Sondari is the transmog master, talk to him to change clothes.
One of the two hosts of the event.
One of the hosts of the event.
Shirt and tabard vendor.
Warpweaver Sle'shal handles the exchange of tokens to prizes.
- Talk to the transmogrifiers and use the barber chairs to perfect your look. Don't forget to stick to the theme!
- Get prepared for the tournament (2:30 seconds)
- The whole team can now access the transmogrifiers and use the barber chairs for free while wearing concealing clothes in order to keep their real appearance a surprise.
- Nastasia Flairwatcher says: Welcome to the Trial of Style: Azeroth's finest fashion destination!
- Atheris Voguesong says: I hope you brought your wardrobe with you, because today's competition look FIERCE!
- Nastasia Flairwatcher says: The theme of today's competition is.... <theme>!
- At this point Atheris Voguesong will say something related to the current theme.
- Nastasia Flairwatcher says: Take the next few moments to prepare your costume.
- Nastasia Flairwatcher says: We've also provided barber chairs, in case you need to touch up your hairdo.
- Atheris Voguesong says: The competition starts in two minutes. Good luck, good-looking!
The Trial of Style
- Complete the Trial of Style
- Each player in the party will now pass on the runway two at a times, with their real appearance, and the other contestants will vote for one of them until enough votes were passed to find the three winners. While on the runway, players can say anything or do any emote, but they are provided with a special action bar with buttons to /wave, /dance or /salute the crowd.
- Nastasia Flairwatcher says: To your left, the fabulous <name>!
- Atheris Voguesong says: And on the right, the inimitable <name>!
Collect your reward
- Collect your reward
- Nastasia Flairwatcher says: Our third place finisher is... <name>! Congratulations, <name>! (reward is )
- Atheris Voguesong says: In second place, we have... <name>! You looked fabulous up there! (reward is )
- Nastasia Flairwatcher says: And finally, our grand transmog champion of the evening. Let's hear it for <name>! (reward is )
- Nastasia Flairwatcher says: Everyone else, keep trying. You'll be a champion soon. (reward is )
- Nastasia Flairwatcher says: That's all for today. See you next time!
- Summer Styles
- Ready for Battle ("Atheris Voguesong says: Take off that makeup and put on that war paint!")
- Fun and Flirty ("Atheris Voguesong says: Be still my heart! Don't be afraid to show a little skin!")
- Mismatched Mayhem ("Atheris Voguesong says: Have a little fun and put together the most garish ensemble you can dream up!")
- Dark and Deadly ("Atheris Voguesong says: Show us your more sinister styles!")
- Faction Pride ("Atheris Voguesong says: For the Horde! For the Alliance! Let's see your team colors.")
- Make Me Laugh ("Atheris Voguesong says: It's time to have fun and get a little crazy with your costumes!")
- Tabard Time ("Atheris Voguesong says: Will you represent Theramore? The Kirin Tor? Put on those tabards!")
- Winter Wear ("Atheris Voguesong says: Bundle up! Let's see what you wear on the frozen shores of Northrend!")
- Everyday Heroes ("Atheris Voguesong says: Will you be a farmer? A chef? A scientist? A pirate? Ooh... I can't WAIT to see what they come up with!")
- Epic Purple ("Atheris Voguesong says: As you know, epic armor is ALWAYS purple. Wrap yourselves up in the bottom of the rainbow!")
- Champions of the Light ("Atheris Voguesong says: Pristine white robes and glimmering armor are the order of the day!")
- Freestyle! ("Atheris Voguesong says: That's right... today's contest has no theme. Wear whatever you want!")
- Zen ("Atheris Voguesong says: Pandarian fashion just SCREAMS harmoniousness. Show us your inner peace!")
- Magical Modelling ("Atheris Voguesong says: Show us your sparkles with your most wizardly wear! And don't forget the enchantments!")
- Spook-tacular! ("Atheris Voguesong says: Frighten the fashion out of us with your creepiest costumes. Oooh... I'm getting chills already!")
- Fire and Ice ("Atheris Voguesong says: They say that opposites attract. But are they attractive?")
- Primal Style ("Atheris Voguesong says: Dress in beast hides, or wrap yourself in vines! I want you to show us your wild side.")
- Heroes of Azeroth ("Atheris Voguesong says: Polish up that armor and get ready to strike a pose!")
Notes and trivia
- While the event is active, transmogrification, barber and void storage services are free, even when out of the trial room itself.
- During testing, this event was referred to, through items, as "Mog Week".
- If you win first place, you will be a given a Stylish! buff which will let you purchase the .
- The Trial of Style has its own chat channel.
- Since Battle for Azeroth was released during the week of the Trial of Style, the event was pushed back a couple of weeks in 2018 from August 31 to September 4.
- In Russian version this holiday was named Оденьте это немедленно! (Oden'te eto nemedlenno!, Put it on immediately!) as reference to the television show Снимите это немедленно! (Snimite eto nemedlenno!, Put it off immediately!), the Russian version of What Not to Wear makeover reality television series.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Event updated with more rewards and new themes.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Added.