Troves of the Thunder King
- "Thunder King's Citadel" redirects here. For the Thunder King's citadel, see Throne of Thunder.
- Not to be confused with Trove of the Thunder King.
|Troves of the Thunder King|
Troves of the Thunder King is a one-player scenario that can only be queued for by offering Taoshi in the Bleak Hollow on the Isle of Thunder one . It takes place in the Thunder King's Citadel version of the Throne of Thunder raid instance. There is also a one-time quest, , that will award reputation with the Shado-Pan Assault for completing this scenario.
Shado-Pan scouts have returned word that more treasures from Lei Shen's tomb are being moved and Taoshi will stop at nothing to disrupt Lei Shen. She will do anything to hinder the rise of his power and slow down his armies being bolstered. Even if it means resorting to highway robbery.
The scenario takes place in a special version of the Throne of Thunder, between what's normally Horridon and the Council of Elders on the Royal Amphitheater map. Starting from a safe room at the end of a long north-south hallway, adventurers will give the word to Taoshi, who will open the door, consuming the key. A five-minute timer is started and the adventurer is on his or her own to steal from Mogu Treasure Chests, dodge lightning blasts and statues' overhand strikes, while finding switches to open locked doors.
Stage 1: Speak to Taoshi
You will only have a limited amount of time to gather as much treasure as you can. Speak to Taoshi when you're ready to begin.
- Speak with Taoshi to begin
|Friendly||( / )||1|
|Honored||( / )||1|
|3x ( / )||1|
|Revered||2x ( / )||1|
|( / )||1|
|Exalted||( / )||3|
|( / )||1|
When ready, Taoshi will start the event:
- The mogu and the Zandalari are in the process of moving another shipment of treasures from Lei Shen's tomb to his throne room. We will strike quickly and take as much as we can before his forces arrive. You will only have a limited time before we pull you out, so be efficient <name>.
- We're only getting one shot at this, so make it count.
- When you're ready to begin, hand me the key and I'll open the door.
Here's the key. Let's go.
Final Stage: Reach the Exit
Grab as much treasure as you can and reach the exit before the timer expires.
- Reach the exit before the timer expires.
All along the path are red Mogu Treasure Chests along the walls. They have 5-10 each and may also contain:
There are also Golden Treasure Chests which have roughly 20 and possibly:
The door opens into a pathway leading north. There are one-time-use green runes on the ground that provide a run speed boost for a few seconds. Lightning walls occasionally pop up and will slow anyone who steps through them:
- Lightning Surge — Inflicts Nature damage to enemies around the lightning pillar. Instant. Slows run speed by 50% for 8 seconds.
Mogu statues will do their typical 90-degree-arc overhand smash:
- Stone Smash 25 yd range — A brutal overhead power attack that deals Physical damage and stuns all enemies in front of the caster. 3 sec cast. Hits for ~200K Physical on cloth.
At the north end of the room is a locked door. Immediately to the left of the steps leading up to the locked door is a lever that will open it. Taking any damage will interrupt the cast to flip the lever, so make sure there are no Ashen Weavers around, who also have a rooting ability:
- Web 10 yd range — Casts a web over an enemy, immobilizing it for 3 sec. Instant
North of the locked door are a number of trap tiles. Use the cloud tiles (or the crates) to jump up to the sides and loot the treasure chests and also to get past the fire/lightning tiles in the room. After that room is an open area that turns right, filled with more trap tiles, red runes, and the occasional Zandalari Arcweaver, who has the following abilities:
- Arcane Bolt 40 yd range — Hurls a magical bolt at an enemy, inflicting Arcane damage. 1 sec cast.
- Arcane Explosion — Sends out a blast wave of magic, inflicting Arcane damage to nearby enemies. Instant.
- Arcane Missiles 30 yd range — Launches magical missiles at an enemy, inflicting Arcane damage. Instant. Channeled.
- Frost Nova — Inflicts Frost damage to nearby enemies, immobilizing them for up to 8 sec. Instant.
The second locked door is in this room, and the lever to open it is north of the door.
The sleeping Stone Watcher quilen have the following abilities:
- Eternal Slumber — Asleep. Will be disturbed by the sound of combat within 18 yds. Aura on the watcher.
- Crush Armor — Crushes an enemy, reducing their armor by 10% for 8 sec. This effect stacks. Instant.
- Leaping Rush 8-40 yd range — Jumps at the target, inflicting 100% weapon damage. Instant.
- Piercing Howl — Causes all enemies near the warrior to be dazed for 6 sec. Instant. -50% run speed.
The patrolling Stone Sentry has the following abilities:
- Crushing Slam — Stomps the ground, inflicting Physical damage to all allies and enemies in a cone in front of the caster. 2.7 sec cast.
- Crushing Stomp — Stomps the ground, inflicting Physical damage to all allies and enemies within 7 yards. 2.7 sec cast.
The locked door is on the southern path, but the lever to open it is on the stairs leading to the blocked-off door on the northern path. Go north first, trigger the lever, then head south to get to the third locked door, or use the ( / ) to skip the whole northern side of the room.
The final room has God-Hulk Gulkan, an elite dire troll with 2.3 million health and the following abilities:
- Mighty Crash 40 yd range — Deals 500% weapon damage to enemies within a cone in front of the caster. 2.5 sec cast.
- Mighty Stomp — Deals 100 physical damage to nearby enemies, knocking them back. 0.8 sec cast
Speak to Tenwu of the Red Smoke to end the scenario if time allows for a bonus .
- Make every second count.
- When you're ready to go, let me know and I'll get you out of here.
I'm ready to leave. Let's get out of here.
- Ask Tenwu to leave
The screen fades to black.
- Taoshi says: Good job making it out in time. We recovered a key that should work on one of these troves. It's all yours.
- Out of time
Once the timer is up, the screen will fade to black.
- You are out of time.
- Taoshi says: We barely pulled you out of there. You're lucky to be alive.
On the other side, Taoshi, Supplier Bao, Tenwu, a handful of Wu Kao Rogues, and the corpses of many a Shan'ze Bloodseeker and Stone Sentry litter the floor of the locked room the adventurer finds itself in. There are also plenty of locked Lei Shen's Burial Troves, which require a to open. They contain roughly 30-60 and possibly:
Speak with Taoshi again to exit the scenario.
- Make it out of there with anything good?
I'm ready to leave.
Let's head outside to the island.
Please add any available information to this section.
- Troves of the Thunder King (Attempt 1)
- Troves of the Thunder King (Attempt 2)
- Slay God-Hulk Gulkan Reach Tenwu of the Red Smoke
- Loot 10 Golden Treasure Chests in one run
- Handful of Stolen Gems
- Since 5.4.0 traps appears to have a larger activation field than their graphic.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now scales to level 100.
- Patch 6.1.2 (2015-03-24): Keys drop once more, and the scenario is once again widely accessible.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Troves of the Thunder King has been retired and associated achievements have been converted into Feats of Strength.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.