Trudging through the Ashes (WC3 Undead)
|Next: Digging up the Dead|
|Trudging through the Ashes|
|Campaign: Path of the Damned|
|Place: Vandermar Village|
|Outcome: Scourge victory|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
Trudging through the Ashes is chapter 1 of Path of the Damned.
The Lich King's plague of undeath has spread through the Capital City and into the outskirts of Lordaeron. Shocked and disheartened by the loss of their beloved king, the forces of Lordaeron were scattered by the ravenous undead warriors. Now, Lordaeron is but a shadow of its former glory - and Prince Arthas has yet to be seen...
- 7 Sheep
- Robert (male)
- Tyler (male)
- 38 villagers male unnamed
- 14 villagers female unnamed
- 9 children unnamed
- 7 Riderless Horses
Transcript of the mission
- Arthas: What trickery is this?
- Mal'Ganis! I don't know how you survived, but I will-- Arthas:
- Tichondrius: Calm yourself, Prince Arthas. I am Tichondrius. Like Mal'Ganis, I am a dreadlord, but I am not your enemy. In truth, I've come to congratulate you.
- Arthas: Congratulate me?
- father and delivering this land to the Scourge, you have passed your first test. The Lich King is pleased with your... enthusiasm. Tichondrius: By killing your own
- Arthas: Yes. I've damned everyone and everything I've ever loved in his name, and I still feel no remorse. No shame. No pity.
- runeblade that you carry was forged by the Lich King and empowered to steal souls. Yours was the first one it claimed. Tichondrius: The
- Arthas: Then I'll make do without one. What is the Lich King's will?
- Cult of the Damned must be rallied once again. Many of the acolytes have been in hiding amongst the populace. Once you've rallied them, I will give you further instructions. Tichondrius: The
During the Mission
- Acolyte: Greetings, great lord. Our master, Kel'Thuzad, told us that you would come.
- Arthas: Kel'Thuzad? How could he have known that--
- Acolyte: Be wary. If the townsfolk see your undead minions, they'll call the local guards to stop you.
- Footman: Prince Arthas? Arm yourselves!
- Acolyte: Seek out the local graveyards. Those buried there will serve you well.
- Knight: How could you murder your own father?
- Footman: You bastard!
- Knight: You've betrayed us all!
- Knight: You should burn in hell!
- Footman: Kill them all!
- Acolyte: I live only to serve, great lord.
- Arthas: I cannot afford to lose any more acolytes.
- Arthas: I'm in luck. These graves were dug recently.
- Arthas: Arise in the name of the Lich King.
- Tichondrius: Well done, death knight. The Cult is nearly assembled.
- Arthas: Lordaeron lies in ashes. What good are these cultists to us now?
- Tichondrius: They will aid you in your next undertaking.
- Arthas: And what's that?
- Andorhal and recover the remains of the acolytes' former master, the necromancer, Kel'Thuzad. Tichondrius: You will go to