|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
Turn Evil is a paladin ability that causes the target to run in fear for up to 40 seconds. Only one target can be affected by the spell at any time. Turn Evil can only be used on Undead, Aberration and Demon targets, unless the talent is chosen. Note that despite functioning as a fear effect, Turn Evil is considered to 'turn' the target, and so is not prevented by abilities that prevent fear.
- Turn Evil is subject to diminishing returns, and lasts 8 seconds in PvP.
- Although an unimproved Turn Evil does not work on Forsaken players (who are considered Humanoid) it will work on death knights under the effects of , as well as their ghouls.
- This ability was introduced in the 2.4 patch to replace .
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Cast time has been increased to 1.7 seconds and now has a 6-second duration in PvP (down from 8 seconds).
- Hotfix (2013-09-12): "Evil is a Point of View should no longer incorrectly cause Turn Evil to affect targets that are immune to loss of control effects."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now has a 15-second cooldown.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Now effective against Aberrations.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Duration increased from 20 sec to 40 sec. New icon.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Added.