- That reminds me of another example: the turtle boat. If you look at Northrend, the continent is shaped a little bit like a crescent, with the two starting zones, Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra, at the ends. There's a port located in the middle of the coast between these zones, and we wanted to have an easy method for traveling between the zones. The method of transportation we settled on is a giant turtle with a deck mounted on top of its shell, very much like the turtles from Warcraft II. It’s simple, effective, grounded in Warcraft lore, but it’s also one of those light moments that are so important to create the iconic Warcraft feel.
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content related to Wrath of the Lich King.
In World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, giant turtles serve as neutral boats between the Tuskarr ports of Unu'pe (Borean Tundra; west side of Northrend), Moa'ki Harbor (Dragonblight; central Northrend), and Kamagua (Howling Fjord; east side Northrend).
- Walker of Waves — Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight ↔ Unu'pe, Borean Tundra
- Green Island — Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight ↔ Kamagua, Howling Fjord
Other turtle boats
- The Half Shell — Moored in Moa'ki Harbor.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content related to Mists of Pandaria.
- Shen-zin Su — The Wandering Isle, Maelstrom. It left Pandaria 10,000 years ago in order to discover Azeroth and has been drifting on the ocean ever since.
This section concerns content related to Legion.