Twitter integration is a game feature that was implemented with patch 6.1.0 which allows a player to connect their World of Warcraft account to their Twitter account to post tweets about obtaining rare items, earning an achievement or taking a screenshot and post it on Twitter from the game itself.
Steps to activate
- During gameplay press ESC to open the Game Menu.
- From the Game Menu click on the Interface option.
- From the Interface, click on the Social tab.
- From inside the Social tab, click on the checkbox of Enable Twitter Functionality to enable it.
- Following the enabling of the checkbox, click on the Sign In button, which should have been enabled.
- Following this, a Twitter window will be opened, requesting your user and password.
- Once you have entered your information and authorize the third party application, an icon will appear with every item you collect, achievement earned, or screenshot taken.
When you click on the icon, a screenshot is taken and a window is opened. From inside, you can crop the screenshot and write a short message before sending it.
Patch 6.1 - Survival Guide
- The character limit was increased from 140 to 280 characters.