|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
|Uldaman loading graphic|
37 - 40
Uldaman is an old, earthen complex buried deep within the Khaz Mountains. It was partially excavated by the dwarves from Ironforge, but has since fallen into the hands of the troggs and Dark Irons, who find the place ideal to dig for earthly riches. It was previously a titan-forged facility.
From Blizzard's Official World Dungeons site:
- Uldaman is an ancient Titan vault that has laid buried deep within the earth since the world's creation. Dwarven excavations have recently penetrated this forgotten city, releasing the Titans' first failed creations: the Troggs. Legends say that the Titans created troggs from stone. When they deemed the experiment a failure, the Titans locked the troggs away and tried again - resulting in the creation of the dwarven race. The secrets of the dwarves' creation are recorded on the fabled Discs of Norgannon - massive Titan artifacts that lie at the very bottom of the ancient city. Recently, the Dark Iron dwarves have launched a series of incursions into Uldaman, hoping to claim the discs for their fiery master, . However, protecting the buried city are several guardians - giant constructs of living stone that crush any hapless intruders they find. The Discs themselves are guarded by a massive, sapient Stonekeeper called . Some rumors even suggest that the dwarves' stone-skinned ancestors, the earthen, still dwell deep within the city's hidden recesses.
Uldaman is located in the northern part of the Badlands.
|Dig One • Dig Three • Dig Two • Excavation Center • Echomok Cavern • Hall of the Crafters • Hall of the Keepers • Khaz'goroth's Seat • Map Chamber • North Common Hall • The Sealed Hall • South Common Hall • The Stone Vault • Temple Hall|
|Hall of the Keepers|
|The Stone Vault|
|Hall of the Crafters|
- Main article: Uldaman loot
|Quest name||Quest giver||Zone location|
|Hero's Call Board||Any capital city|
|Warchief's Command Board||Any capital city|
|The Discs of Norgannon||Khaz'goroth's Seat, Uldaman|
- A side entrance into the dungeon, which leads into Echomok Cavern, can be found in the cave between Fuselight and the Tomb of the Watchers.
- The enchanting trainer is hiding behind a rock column. To get her to come out, all of the scorpids in her room must be killed.
- As is the case with many other non-endgame instances, mobs in Uldaman have a wide level range. Similarly, the Uldaman quests are spread out over many levels as well.
- Blizzard stated at BlizzCon 2010 that they plan on splitting the dungeon in two, with the first half ending in the Ironaya encounter, and the second half beginning at the back door where the Obsidian Sentinel is located. This plan never came to fruition.
- The layout of Uldaman on the floor, and the use of a staff, created from a medallion and a shaft, to create a beam to show the opening to a hidden chamber, are most likely a reference to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark; more specifically, to the map chamber that showed the way to the Well of Souls, where the Ark of the Covenant was held in the film. Like Tanis in the film,which was buried under the sand in a sandstorm that lasted a whole year, Uldaman was buried beneath the earth (presumably due to The Sundering and is being excavated for its powerful contents. The Explorer's League/The Reliquary are likely representative of Indy and his cohorts, and the Dark Iron Dwarvf excavators are likely representing the Nazis, as they are the less savory group.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): New quests and NPCs added. removed. Level range lowered to 37 - 40.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Level range lowered from 36-47.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22):
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): New load screen added.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07):
- Capped at ten players.
- Lengthened the respawn time of many of the creatures in Uldaman.
- Patch 0.10 (2004-09-18): The holograms in the treasure room of Uldaman should be functioning properly once more.
- Patch 0.8 (2004-07-07): The Altar of the Keepers and Altar of Archaedas now require three players to activate them.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Opened and itemized as a level 35-45 dungeon.