Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan
- Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan
- Binds when used
- Use: Safely transport yourself to Gadgetzan in Tanaris! Emphasis on Safe! Yup, nothing bad could ever happen while using this device! (4 Hrs Cooldown)
- Requires Engineering (260)
- Sell Price: 50
The Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan is the latest in highly-safe Gnomish transportation. This little gadget will send you whisking through the Hyper-Never-Ether and land you with not even a bump at Gadgetzan! How can it go wrong?
The transporter occasionally backfires and isn't quite as safe as the description may suggest!
- Sometimes it will turn you into your evil twin.
- This will put a 2 hour debuff on you that has no other effect than make your character's face look angry (if it wasn't already)
- Sometimes it will polymorph you briefly.
- This will freeze you in place in the transportation pod until the 10 second or so debuff wears off.
- During this time, your character will be replaced by a kobold, murloc, or troll, or sometimes a rotation of several of them. You are unable to act in any way (even an action that would ordinarily dispel polymorph effects). This state is known as pacification, similar to a stun.
- Sometimes it will miss the target by a little bit... vertically.
- This will teleport the character about 100 yards SW of Gadgetzan, and about 100 yards in the air. Come prepared with a , , , or a well timed ! (Notice the piles of bones where you land). If you have none of these things, unequip all your gear before using this device, to spare yourself a repair bill.
- Does not share a cooldown with hearthstones, so somebody with this device can teleport to Gadgetzan and immediately use their hearthstone to teleport somewhere else, if they wish. Whereas hearthstones require a half hour to cool down, however, the Transporter requires four hours.
In the RPG
A contingent of gnomes in Gadgetzan created this device in the hopes of reducing the air travel problems caused by frequent travelers to Tanaris. The transporter consists of two devices - a small, handheld actuator and a bulky, immobile pad big enough to accommodate a creature as large as a tauren. The pad utilizes chaos energy to weaken the fabric of space in its vicinity, allowing anyone activating one of the actuators to "pop" instantaneously from his present location onto the pad. According to the gnomes, this is a perfectly safe form of travel, as long as you follow each and every one of the safety procedures - which fill a 2-inch-thick manual.
The pad is passive, operating continuously without any Use Technological Device checks required. Gnomish technicians monitor it round the clock to ensure it is working correctly. If the actuator functions properly, the user and all his gear (up to 300 lbs., including both user and gear) are transported to the waiting pad in Gadgetzan.
The rip in space caused by the transporter is extremely sensitive to other forms of space alteration. Objects that contain extradimensional spaces can't be sent through the transporter (they simply don't arrive at the destination and are never seen again, along with all their contents). Also, using size-alteration devices or magic disrupts the transporter. Thus attempting a world enlarger to reduce one's weight (or to bring along passengers) is not a good idea. Although the transporter is “ultrasafe,” mishaps happen, but these are always the fault of the user! (At least, according to the designers.)
At present there is only one ultrasafe transporter pad in existence, located in Gadgetzan. A second is scheduled for installation in Booty Bay “real soon now,” and others may also gradually appear across the world.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Officially a toy and can be found in the toy box.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Quality changed from uncommon to rare.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Transporter devices are no longer classified as trinkets and can be used directly from your inventory.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.