- The names of Uncommon quality items will appear in green.
- Uncommon quality items are sometimes referred to as "Greens."
- Equippable items of Uncommon quality usually have one or more attribute bonuses.
- Most equippable items at Uncommon quality and above can be disenchanted by characters with the Enchanting profession.
- Some ingredient items are of Uncommon quality, including all Essences used in the Enchanting profession, such as , Elemental Essences, such as , , etc., and other specific ingredients, such as .
- The web color code for uncommon itemlinks is #1eff00.
- Quests past about level 10 that reward items will usually reward Uncommon items.
- Level 1-60 (Classic) Uncommon items that require level X to equip will usually have item level X + 5.
- Level 57-70 (Outland) Uncommon that require level X to equip will usually have item level 3 * (X - 30).
- Level 67-80 (Northrend) Uncommon items that require level X to equip will usually have item level (4 * (X - 35)) + 2.
- Uncommon is referred to as good quality.