|It has been suggested that this article or section be split into two or more articles.|
|This article's name is unofficial.|
Unicorns are a species of horse-like creatures living on Azeroth and who, unlike horses, have a horn growing out of their head. The Quel'dorei steed are descended from a fine line of horses that once grazed near the shores of the Well of Eternity. Many unicorns live on the Broken Isles. The majority of the nightborne refer to zhevras as "monohorns" instead of "unicorns", claming that it is a much more fitting name, though there is debate among their community. They consider them a rare breed, their distinctive hides being used for all manner of fashion, including hats, coat linings, and other fine apparel. At least some unicorns are tied to the Emerald Dream. Dreamrunners, for instance, are capable of traveling between Azeroth and the Emerald Dream at will. Ephemeral Runners are ghostly unicorns living on the world of Bonich.
- Equine Sunrunner
- Ephemeral Runner
- Stabled Quel'dorei Steed
- Tormented Shadowrunner
- Veil Shadowrunner
- Wild Dreamrunner
- Wild Manarunner
As a mount
- can be purchased from Hiren Loresong <Silver Covenant Quartermaster> at a cost of 100 upon reaching exalted with the Silver Covenant.
- , , , , , and are Honor level PvP rewards.
- has a chance to drop from .
- is obtained from Puzzler's Desire in the Forgotten Crypt in Deadwind Pass, after solving Riddle of the Lucid Nightmare.
- is the reward from .
Appearances and mentions
- A white unicorn's image could be found on the sails of the now-defunct Second War-era Elven Destroyers. It is unknown if the unicorn was the symbol for Quel'Thalas in general before the Third War; the Thalassian banner has depicted a phoenix ever since.
- Archmagi brandish magical blades and ancient staves while mounted atop their trusty unicorn steeds.
- A pink unicorn can be seen being devoured by some rampaging gorilla-like monster on a banner on Darkmoon Island.
- The item is a reference to this creature.
- There is an unused Warcraft III icon seemingly intended for an item called "Staff of Purification" that was never implemented. This icon depicts a unicorn.
- The World of Warcraft: Looking for Group documentary ended with several tongue-in-cheek requests for a unicorn mount in the game, ideally with "nyan cat" effects. This is ironic, considering the unicorn is already available as a mount.
- The Legion unicorn model is named "horse2" in the files.
- The unicorn is possibly one of the oldest and most recognized mythical creatures in the world. The traditional European unicorn looks similar to a horse, save for cloven hooves, a goat beard, and a lion-like tail. Unicorns are known for their healing powers and their solitary nature.