|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Theater of operations|
- We do not fight for glory, for fame, or riches.
- We exist to protect those who need it most, often without reward or recognition.
- We are the watchers in the wild.
- We are the eagle on the wind.
- We walk the lonely road.
- For ours is the Unseen Path.
- —Emmarel Shadewarden explaining the oath and then reciting it
The Unseen Path is an order of hunters, archers, rangers, beast masters, and trappers. It was founded on the Broken Isles by Namuria Gladesong after the War of the Ancients, and was blessed by the eagle spirit Ohn'ahra. When the elves who founded the Unseen Path left Mount Hyjal to return to the Broken Isles, the Highmountain tauren recognized the nobility of their cause and offered them friendship. It was the descendants of Huln Highmountain who led the Unseen Path to its peak. Since the Burning Legion's return, the Highmountain have helped restore the lodge, such as replacing two damaged watch towers with tauren structures. The Unseen Path is providing secret protection for Dalaran at the request of Archmage Khadgar.
The order apparently has always provided assistance to those in need (as long as those in question are not evil, of course). One particular example is their sending at least Emmarel Shadewarden, a night elf, to help Silvermoon City against an Amani troll incursion. She fought alongside Talanas Windrunner, the first Ranger-general of Silvermoon.
Centuries ago, select leaders were given special emergency flares that were only to be used in times of great need. Upon seeing the flare, protocol dictates that the current leader of the Unseen Path is to head to Trueshot Lodge's southern watchtower to meet with whomever lit it. The last time any of the flares were used was hundreds of years ago. They fight the Burning Legion alongside the other class orders during the demons' third invasion, and their order hall is Trueshot Lodge on Talon Peak.
The plight of the Unseen Path is supported by each of the elven factions with a fitting background in the craft.
- Sentinels, huntresses, hunters and archers of Kalimdor's Sentinel Army, led by General Shandris Feathermoon The night elf
- Farstriders, elite rangers and protectors of Quel'Thalas, led by Halduron Brightwing, Ranger-general of Silvermoon The blood elf
- Silver Covenant, a military wing of Dalaran, led by Vereesa Windrunner, Ranger-general of the Silver Covenant The rangers of the
- dark rangers of the Forsaken, led by Dark Ranger Velonara on Sylvanas Windrunner's behalf The
There are also non-elven members of the Path.
Base of operations
- Main article: Trueshot Lodge
- The Unseen Path was first referenced in the Cenarion Circle set for hunters, Trappings of the Unseen Path. The set can be obtained in Silithus with tokens dropping in the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, a fitting point considering Namuria Gladesong died during the War of the Shifting Sands.
- Being a member of the Unseen Path can also be referred within the organization as "walking the lonely road."