User:GoldenYak/Altar of the Old Gods
|Altar of the Old Gods|
Altar of the Old Gods, Ahn'Saron, the Inner Kingdom
Magedo Shadowseeker, the Thousandth Maw
93 (Heroic Mode - 93)
UNDER CONSTRUCTION related to Spider Kingdom Expansion Concept
Altar of the Old Gods
As the Inner Kingdom is the heart of Azjol-Nerub, so is the Altar of the Old Gods the heart of Ahn'Saron. The center of the Spider Kingdom's dark spirituality, the Altar is an imposing structure extending high above the nerubians' temple-cities, visible from nearby every part of the cavern containing the Immortal City. The nerubians constructed the altar long ago, shortly after they abandoned the city of Ahn'Vekir and constructed what would come to be known as Ahn'Saron. Within the structure of the Altar are dozens of prayer chambers, where the viziers and clerics of the previous generation performed rituals and presented offerings to the divinities the nerubians worshiped. In present times, the chambers swarm with the forces of the Newbreed, who bring prisoners to become living sacrifices.
At the center of the Altar is great terrace, open to the air, containing five great stone slabs, black as the darkest reaches of the underworld, their surfaces reflecting no light. Carved upon them are images of beasts, the faces of monsters, and ancient script never seen by people of the surface world. It is rumored that each of the five stones contains the true names of the five Old Gods.
Altar Rush Mode
Players can tackle the Altar of the Old Gods in one of two ways. The first involves fighting the bosses in the outer shrines, where each boss will have several packs of trash guarding them. This method takes longer and yields a normal amount of treasure.
The second method involves going into the center of the Altar and beginning the Altar Rush mode. Instead of dealing with trash, players will deal with all the bosses in the instance, one after the other. Bosses will be more powerful in Altar Rush mode and the next boss will spawn shortly after the previous one falls, leaving little chance for players to catch their breathes. Completing the Altar Rush mode will spawn a special chest filled with bonus loot - the more bosses players were able to defeat in a row, the more loot they'll win.
Altar Rush Mode can be done in both normal and heroic modes. Altar Rush Heroic Mode is the only way players can face the final heroic mode only boss, Nadala Wrencry.
The Altar of the Old Gods is located at the very heart of the Immortal City.
- Idruinn Deepshade, the Unblinking Eye
- Champion of C'Thun.
- Kadan Droor, the Nightmare that Walks
- Champion of N'Zoth.
- Pendulm Balehorn, the Flesh Unraveler
- Champion of He Who Shapes.
- Nur'Tog of the Seven Horrors
- Champion of Y'Shaarj.
- Magedo Shadowseeker, the Thousandth Maw
- Champion of Yogg-Saron.
Heroic Mode Only
- Nadala Wrencry, the Silent Scream
- Champion of the Unspoken. Heroic Mode Only.
- Antechamber of Five Terrors
- Temple of the Eye
- Temple of the Maw
- Temple of the Dream
- Temple of the Breath
- Temple of the Hand
- The Altar
- Altar of the Old Gods - Complete Vault of the Titans by defeating Magedo Shadowseeker.
- Heroic: Altar of the Old Gods - Defeat all of the bosses in Altar of the Old Gods on Heroic Difficulty.
- Heroic: Altar Rush - Complete the Altar of the Old Gods in Altar Rush mode.
- - Defeat Idruinn Deepshade without being afflicted by his Glaring Eyes ability.
- Awaken from the Nightmare - Escape from the Nightmare in under 15 seconds every time you are banished there, then defeat Kadan Droor.
- Unraveled - Prevent Pendulm Balehorn from acquiring any stacks of Ooze Armor during the encounter.
- Horror Struck - Prevent Nur'Tog from obtaining more than 15 Fear Energy before he receives the Blessing of Y'Shaarj, then defeat Nur'Tog.
- The Thousandth Maw - Do not allow Magedo Shadowseeker to receive any power from the Shadow Beacons before his transformation, then defeat him.
- The Silent Scream - Defeat Nadala Wrencry.
- Don't Say a Word - Defeat Nadala Wrencry after successfully dispelling every Zone of Silence during the encounter.
Heroic Mode for Altar of the Old Gods can be activated by players at level 93 after they've completed normal mode.