User:GoldenYak/Ursol the Mad
|Level||93 elite Boss|
|Location||Ursol's Lair, Terrormaw Hold|
One of the twin bear ancients, Ursol was also the victim of a misguided revival attempt by the furbolg of Northrend. Like his brother Ursoc, Ursol was revived as a corrupted, rotting horror, a pawn of the Old Gods.
Phase One - Ursol the Mad
Phase Two - Ursol the Horror
At 85% health Ursol devolves into a rotting horror, gaining new abilities while losing Bear Rush.
- Breath of Corruption — Ursol breathes a cloud of corrupted smog at a random target's location. Anyone caught in the wave takes periodic Shadowblight damage. When in Heroic Mode, 2-3 Corrupted Godblood oozes will spawn from within the cloud that will slowly move towards random targets and explode, dealing lethal Shadowblight damage.
- Fearsome Gaze — Reduces the damage dealt by the target. Ursol will periodically inflict random targets throughout phase two.
Phase Three - Flesh of the Bear God
Ursol's flesh explodes off of his skeleton, which slumps lifelessly to the earth. Ursol's sundered flesh transform into ravenous Flesh Gobbet beasts.
- Blood Eruption — When slain, Flesh Gobbets release a burst of explosive blood, dealing Shadowblight damage to anyone nearby and inflicting them with Blood of the Corrupt.
- Blood of the Corrupt — Increases Shadowblight damage taken for a short period of time. Stacks to 99.
Phase Four - Ursol the Undying (Heroic Mode only)
During this phase, Ursol uses all of his abilities from Phase Two except for Fearsome Gaze, and gains the following abilities as well. He will focus purely on Ursoc as long as Urosc is alive, and he cannot be taunted.
- Horror of the Old Gods — Deals a burst of Shadowblight damage to all targets, and increases the damage they take from Shadowblight. Cast periodically, stacks to 99.
- Bear Bones — Creates a Bear Bones undead from the remains of slain Furbolgs. Used periodically.
- Hold Attention — Ursoc has Ursol's full attention and will prevent the corrupted bear god from attacking anything else directly.
- Roar of the Bear God — Ursoc's presence increases the power of his allies, providing bonuses to attack power, healing, and health.
Bear Bones Abilities
- Immortal — The Bear Bones cannot be reduced to lower than 1% health due to Ursol's corrupted presence.
- Brainless — The Bear Bones will periodically lose all threat and target a random enemy, including Ursoc.
The first time players enter Ursol's Den, hordes of non-elite Furbolg warriors will spawn. They have low health and use simple melee attacks. Once the last warrior is slain, Ursol will spawn and attack.
Ursol will use his phase one abilities until his health is reduced to 85%, at which point he will begin phase two.
The first time Ursol is reduced to 50% and 25% health, Ursol will enter phase three. His flesh explodes off his body, leaving behind a lifeless skeleton that cannot be targeted. Clumps of flesh will form into Flesh Gobbets and begin to grow larger and larger, and at a certain size will transform into fleshbeasts and rush back to Ursol's skeleton.
When enough of the Flesh Gobbets spawned return to Ursol's skeleton, or if there are no active Flesh Gobbets left, he will return to life and continue attacking with his phase two abilities. Any subsequent Flesh Gobbet that reaches him after this point will restore Ursol's health.
Heroic Mode Strategy
- In heroic mode, after Ursol is reduced to 0%, he will again become a skeleton, though no fleshbeasts will spawn. After a short scene, Ursoc will arrive to lament his brother's passing. Ursol's skeleton suddenly revives and begins attacking Ursoc, leading to the following final phase. While Ursol focuses on Ursoc, Players must destroy Ursol before his Horror of the Old Gods ability and Bear Bones followers overwhelm the party and/or Ursoc is slain. Without Ursoc, players will not be able to withstand Ursol's evil power.
- Ursol the Horror - Prevent Ursol from gaining any extra health from Flesh of the Bear God creatures.
- Ursol the Undying - Overcome Ursol the Mad's final form.
- Come, my children... prepare the feast!
- I... hungerrr!
- Begin Phase Two
- Time to begin the horror!
- I am the darkness that knows no dawn!
- Begin Phase Three
- My flesh cannot die! I rise again!
- What is dead may never die!
- Killing a Player
- I am the eater of worlds!
- You are the gate through which my thunders shall pass!
- Hrrr! I shall devour your soul!
- Defeat in Normal Mode
- I will rise...
- Dialogue in Heroic Mode
- Ursol yells: Fools! I am death!
- Ursol's body collapses, leaving behind nothing but a great skeleton. The uncorrupted bear ancient, Urosc, arrives.
- Ursoc says: You left us no choice, brother...
- Ursoc says: I thank you for bringing peace to my sibling, mortals. His corruption was far greater than mine when you fought me in Northrend. I fear he will not return through the Emerald Dream.
- Ursoc says: Never before have I felt such sorrow...
- Ursol's corpse begins to radiate dark energy...
- Ursoc says: What... what is this horrible feeling...?
- Ursol's corpse rises.
- Ursol yells: I rise! I RIIIISE!
- Ursoc yells: Brother! No!
- Ursol yells: Puny godling! Worm! Wretch! Your brother is gone! I fed on him! I have devoured him from within!
- Ursoc yells: A... abomination!
- Random Yells during Heroic Mode Phase Four
- Ursol yells: Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh!
- Ursol yells: Hoohehehahahaha... AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- Ursol yells: Yrr n'lyeth... shuul anagg!
- Ursol yells: I... will... rise... again...