User:Lemona1d/Eye of the Nightmare Expansion Concept
Taking place after the Whispers of Madness expansion, the Eye of the Nightmare harkens back to the beginning of Warcraft history and encapsulates the spirit of traditional role-playing fantasy.
Eye of the Nightmare takes players not only to the ethereal planes of the Emerald Dream, but also across Azeroth's vast oceans and the mysterious center of the earth. Unravel Queen Azshara's well kept secrets and discover the true state of the Nightmare.
- Level Cap Raised to 110 - Explore the oceans of Azeroth and discover the realm of the Emerald Dream across 10 new levels
- Two New Races: Lotusheart Sprites and Bristlehide Furbolg - Long standing allies of the Alliance officially join the cause, while the Horde gains surprising new friends
- New Feature: Ships - Sail the deep blue seas in specialized ship mounts, equipped with a vibrant and alive crew at your disposal
Two new races, the sprites and the furbolg, join the Horde and Alliance respectively.
Akin to both gnomes and goblins in stature, lotusheart sprites are wily tricksters who are both resilient and unpredictable. Deviants to their very core, the lotusheart are wildly unlike their Pandarien brethren; several feet taller, the lotusheart are also neatly organized and are no fans of partaking in wanton chaos like their distant cousins. Due to their lives being spent inside of the Emerald Dream itself, the lotusheart sprites are allowed to develop just as any human, night elf, or orc ever would, elevating them from near harmless elemental and transforming them into a fully fledged race of intellectuals.
- Connected to nature at birth, many sprites learn the path of the druid to become staunch defenders and spiritual leaders to their people.
- A sport loved and practiced by many, sprites who become hunters protect borders from ravenous beasts and bring home meals for all. Their starting pet is the fox.
- Clever, patient, and always curious, the lotusheart have been drawing power from the Dream and converting it into raw magic, giving rise to the sprite mage.
- Similar to ideology to the druid and revered just as much among the population, some sprites have begun learning the path of the priest to better guide their people.
- Sprites are small, quick, and above all, crafty. It was no surprise when rogues began to spring up in the ranks of the lotusheart's ever growing militia.
- Though having been with the Horde for an short time the sprites have found themselves drawn to the role of the shaman as their connection to the natural world made it easy.
- Although they may not be the largest race the lotusheart make for a sturdy warrior, using their guile and unpredictability to help them survive the onslaught of combat.
Active and passive abilities available to all sprite characters
- Deeproot - Root yourself into the earth, restoring 10% of your total health over 6 seconds. 3 min cooldown.
- Wily - Increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks by 2%.
Shard of the Emerald Dream phasing in and out of reality
Old allies to the majority of the Alliance, the bristlehide are a stray faction of furbolgs who have dedicated and devoted themselves to the Alliance. They have sworn off the primitive ways of their people and seek not only refuge but also guidance and enlightenment from the other races. While still revering their ursine traditions to a relatively high standard the bristlehide have begun practicing magic at a much sharper degree in order to stand in with the races above ground.
Active and passive abilities available to all furbolg characters
- Bristlehide - Reduces damage taken by 1%.
- Huntsman/Huntress - Increases XP and reputation earned from killing Demons by 25%.
- Outfitter - Increases your Leatherworking by 15.
- Ursa Major - Unleash your rage, increasing your critical strike chance and critical strike bonus by 10% for 15 sec. 2 min cooldown.
Barrow Deeps, underground zone stretching throughout northern Kalimdor