Maelstrom;us;Dernham;1 Hello, I am the creator of Wowpedia's hover tooltips, and indeed most of the site's AJAX and other JS functionality. Please leave me a message on my talk page, or ping me on the Wowpedia Discord server.
Tooltips / AJAX functionality FAQ
- Where is the actual script for the tooltips located?
- It's part of MediaWiki:Common.js.
- Can I port your tooltips to another wiki?
- Yes, the script is released under CC-BY-SA (with the rest of the wiki).
- Can you help me port your tooltips to my wiki?
- I can, and the easiest way to do this is to contact me via my talk page. Note that to make it as easy as possible I will need administrator access to your wiki (or a test wiki with all the relevant templates you want to implement the functionality with).
- Your AJAX-powered recent changes script is amazing! Can I use it?
- Yes, see User:Pcj/ajaxrc.js for an easily-portable version.
- There's a problem with your tooltips/the AJAX RC...
- At this stage (of complete testing) it's either a quirk with some old/new browser, or it's some problem I haven't seen personally and no one else has bothered to report. Please file a report with the following information on my talk page:
- Page you had the problem on
- Which skin you're using (Monobook, Vector, etc)
- Your browser
- Your OS
- Your screen resolution
- Steps to reproduce the problem
- I want to suggest a feature for your AJAX scripts.
- Great! I love new challenges. Please post ideas on my talk page.
This user is an insane member of
the 100000 club!
|Because his or her mother taught them to always be gracious, Kirkburn |
has awarded you a
Ewwwwwww. Cockroaches ate half of it.
|The Golden Kobold|
|OseOse has awarded Pcj with the Golden Kobold, for his work here at Wowpedia!|
|207,729||This user employs peasants to count his contributions.|