Welcome to Wowpedia!
Some links you may find useful:
- The things to do category has lots of things to keep you busy!
- Check out the Community portal for some useful editors' links.
- Many Wowpedians frequent our IRC Channel, on chat.freenode.net, #wowpedia.
- Finally, please check out the site guidelines and policies!
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wowpedian! Please remember to sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (
~~~~) as this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you have any questions, or need help, just ask on the relevant talk page, or visit the site forums. Again, welcome! -- ( • ) 12:22, 21 October 2010 (UTC)
The Edit  and the edits after that causes the page to be displayed in a strange way. Templates are displayed like links, instead of interpreted. Do you know what the cause is? Hans Kamp (talk) 23:00, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
When I created the concept, my thought was "a quest chain is a story". I think we'll have to work harder, if we want to preserve that concept in the post-cataclysm world. As a for-instance, you COULD characterize every quest in Vashj'ir as "a quest chain with side quests". Or as several quest chains linked together (the Ancient, the Battle Maiden, the abyssal divers, etc) with lots of side quests. Another way of looking at (eg) Vashj'ir is as a series of quest nodes, where you get shuttled from one to the next. And that might be valid too.
Why am I telling you this? Because you've shown an interest in quest chaining, and I thought I'd solicit your opinions on the subject. What do YOU think? --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 20:10, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- Well, quest chains are in the eye of the beholder. The Wrathgate super-chain is actually split into a few smaller chains on Wowpedia for convenience. I've split them the way it seemed logically fitting for Winterspring storyline. These yeti side quests are given along the way and are unlocked by a quest in the main chain, so I thought it made sense to include them in the flow for the purposes of questing. You'll typically grab the entire bunch. - LucidFox (talk) 21:00, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
"Drakes need Master riding"
Why did you put this in? I had no reason to second guess this because, like many others I bought/earned Master riding and had no way to check it. Turns out I have a lower DK without it and can mount drakes. I'm afraid it's on you now to fix it or delete it.--Mondoblasto (talk) 01:37, 10 October 2012 (UTC)
Using the technique shown to circumvent access restrictions is very clearly exploitive. See Exploits in WP:DNP. Posting exploit instructions is a big no-no. --MaverickHunter40245 (talk) 23:10, 3 January 2013 (UTC)
- Graveyard hopping isn't an exploit, it's a well-known technique. An exploit is defined on Wowpedia as something that breaks the Blizzard TOS and EULA. Prove that this technique does. - LucidFox (talk) 06:41, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
Patch 5.3 Undocumented Changes
You posted the following addition to the 5.3 undocumented changes page:
- The Northern Barrens are listed as contested territory and colored orange, even on PvE servers. However, they still do not flag players for PvP on PvE servers.
I undid this change because I tested it with all my low level characters and could not confirm what you wrote. I only have low level characters so I can't test this for characters eligible for the new Battlefield: Barrens quests, and since they appear in a different phase it wouldn't surprise me if they will experience the behavior you described. If you can confirm that high level characters see the zone as "contested" while low level ones do not, then please re-add your comment to the page with the note about the character level.
I tested it with: Lv 60 Alliance on PvE realm, Lv 35 Horde on PvE realm, Lv 50 Horde on PvP realm, Lv 31 Alliance on PvP realm. All of the characters saw the zone type as is normal for the Barrens on their respective realms. Dr. Cheis (talk) 06:24, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
- Talk:Patch 5.3.0 (undocumented changes)#Northern Barrens zone type. 06:27, 26 May 2013 (UTC)
"The version of Dalaran seen in the patch 5.1 storylines (Lion's Landing and Domination Point) is located in its own instance, similar to Plaguelands: The Scarlet Enclave, rather than being a phased version of the main-world Dalaran. It uses the Violet Hold loading screen rather than the Northrend one, and is floating over what looks like a sea. Besides the NPC changes, there is no Violet Hold instance portal in this version, flying is impossible (even at Krasus' Landing), and jumping off the Underbelly pipe kills the player before they reach the water below."
Is this a typo, or did I seriously miss something in the Domination Point scenario? It sounds like you're referring to the 5.1 quests, rather than the mentioned scenarios (or non-scenario locations?), in which case the parentheses and their contents should be removed. If you're referring to something else, it might need some clarification, since it certainly isn't apparent to me ;) -- Taohinton (talk) 20:36, 21 July 2013 (UTC)
- I meant the quest chains, not scenarios. I'll clarify this. - LucidFox (talk) 05:21, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
Where did you get the Mardum loading screen and map images? The expansions isn't in beta yet. --07:42, 20 November 2015 (UTC)
- Beta build 20740 is out, and Wowhead and MMO-Champion have been datamining it. - Linneris (talk) 07:52, 20 November 2015 (UTC)
Tears of Elune chain
- I split it into two templates because they correspond to different story chapters in the achievement. The first half of the original quest chain is "Into the Nightmare" in the Val'sharah storyline, and the second half is "All Nightmare Long". I'm not strongly attached to this decision, I'm just following precedent established by other articles with quest achievements, such as Shadowmoon Valley storyline. - Linneris (talk) 07:15, 1 October 2016 (UTC)
Really love that you created this utility to assist in all these quest page creations, very useful.
Do you think its possible to create something similar for the NPCs?20:02, 26 October 2016 (UTC)
- Should be possible. The foundation is there, now. I'll take a shot at it (and possibly also item pages) when I have free time for it. - Linneris (talk) 22:05, 26 October 2016 (UTC)
- Thank you. 22:14, 26 October 2016 (UTC)
- Would it be possible to create one for garrison / order halls missions? --Mordecay (talk) 16:06, 30 October 2016 (UTC)
- The instructions are here. They work with Legion, no guarantees about BfA, as I don't have the beta client. - Linneris (talk) 11:51, 20 June 2018 (UTC)
- Worked like a charm for Legion and BfA. I just had to make a couple of adjustments for the previous expansions to make it work. Thanks for pointing that out. — Surafbrov 13:00, 20 June 2018 (UTC)