- Previous discussions archived:
Move InstanceMapID to MapID
- I moved MapID to WorldMapAreaID since that's what the page name should have been in the first place; the IDs are from WorldMapAreaID.db2
- The IDs from InstanceMapID are from Map.db2 so I want to move the page to MapID but I can't since it already exists.
- On second thought, I changed my mind. I think it's better after all to have a separate page of Instance Map IDs, if someone would only be interested in those. Ketho (talk) 00:26, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
Hello guys. This is mainly a blog post for those that are interested in my daily life. I'm writing this to say that I'm trying to change the way I work on wowpedia, after several burnouts over the years, as well as new IRL therapy sessions and several new potential life prospects. As such, I am now able to listen to advices from you guys as well as from my family members and friends.
I don't think I can simply "quit" wowpedia, since it's my major source of entertainment while at work (yes, my job is that boring). I tried several times, and as you know each time I fell down the rabbit hole again. As such, since a few days I'm now trying to only validate changes to pages I am actually interested in. That means I'll validate lore, organizations and NPC-related changes, but probably won't bother with quest, UI, gameplay, item and meta-related edits. My usual wowpedia workday was usually between 2 and 4 hours of daily work, I'm trying to reduce the workload to a maximum of 2 hours. With this new method I may miss typos and other minor problems on the pages I don't validate, but eh. The time investment is not worth it and it's time I don't have anymore anyway. Damn shame neither gamepedia nor wikia wanted to hire me, but that's life.
So all in all, you guys keep doing what you do, I just want to you to remember that your changes won't always be checked by someone else. Actually, the bigger you are as a contributor, the higher is the chance that I won't look at your edits. I'm not quitting or anything, I'm just trying to meaningfully reduce my workload. I'll try to use some of that newly-freed time to actually add value to wowpedia by adding new content instead of validating other people's changes, but no promises on that. Maybe I'll just use this time to play video games and get drunk with my mates lol.
- Kudos for this new point of view. Don't worry for the mistakes, at some point someone will notice and fix them, probably. Is human to make mistakes. Health should always be a priority so cheers on you for trying to do the right thing. Wowpedia can be a great place to enjoy so just keep doing only what you like. And good luck with everything! :D --Ryon21 (talk) 13:13, 17 May 2019 (UTC)