|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
- Not to be confused with .
- "VP" redirects here. For the instance, see Vortex Pinnacle.
- Valor Points
- Earned for defeating the most recent raid bosses or completing heroic Dungeon Finder runs and used to purchase the most powerful PvE armor and weapons.
- Total Maximum: 3000
- Weekly Maximum: 1000
Valor Points were the upper-level currency awarded for participating in PvE encounters, typically raids and heroic dungeons in the current expansion up until Mists of Pandaria. The lower-level PvE currency, , was awarded from normal and heroic dungeons, and some older raids. Items sold for Valor Points were available from vendors at at Niuzao Temple in Townlong Steppes, and in the Bleak Hollow on the Isle of Thunder.
Valor Points are rewarded for completing the following objectives:
- Most Pandaria daily quests: 5
- Isle of Thunder:
- Mists of Pandaria Heroic dungeons
- Challenge Mode
- Raid Finder segments
- Normal/Heroic raid bosses: 40
- Throne of Thunder lieutenants: 5-20
- (in Patch 5.4.8, 100 )
All item level 522 items added in Patch 5.2 that still cost valor points require some level of reputation with the Shado-Pan Assault. Standing with the Shado-Pan Assault is only gained in the Throne of Thunder raid dungeon on the Isle of Thunder.
|825||Wrist||Cloth spell caster|
|259 47||Wrist||Plate tank|
|1155||Hands||Cloth spell caster|
|1155||Hands||Leather spell caster|
|1155||Hands||Mail spell caster|
|1155||Waist||Cloth spell caster|
|1485||Legs||Cloth spell caster|
|1485||Legs||Leather spell caster|
|1485||Legs||Mail spell caster|
|1485||Chest||Cloth spell caster|
As of Patch 5.1, Valor Points may be used to upgrade item levels of epic-quality crafted, dungeon, raid, and Valor Points-purchased items. Each item may be upgraded twice (or for PvE items added in Patch 5.4, four times), gaining 4 item levels each time, at a cost of 250 per upgrade.
As a quest objective
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.2.3 (2015-11-17): No longer displayed in the Currency tab.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed.
- Patch 5.4.8 (2014-05-20): on the Timeless Isle next to the Celestial Court now sells a token called for 3000 Timeless Coins. When used, Deeds of Valor grants 100 Valor Points to the character, up to the 1000 Valor Point maximum per week.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Adjustments have been made to Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters.
- Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by the Shado-Pan Assault now have their reputation requirements reduced to Friendly or below, and have their Valor Point cost reduced by 34%.
- Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by all other Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters no longer have reputation requirements, and will now cost instead of Valor.
- Hotfix (2012-10-26): The valor point rate for Random Heroic Dungeons, Challenge Mode Dungeons, and Scenarios was increased
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "The reputation requirement to purchase certain pieces of Mists of Pandaria Valor Point gear have been reduced from Revered to Honored. These include:
- Klaxxi - neck items
- Golden Lotus - rings
- Shado-Pan - cloaks
- August Celestials - bracers