Vampires or vampyr are a type of undead known to drink blood. Up until the third invasion of the Burning Legion on Azeroth, knowledge of vampyr was mostly limited to the San'layn. With the people of Azeroth flocking to the Broken Isles, Sir Finley Mrrgglton of the Explorers' League discovered an ancient vrykul vampyr in Stormheim who upon being woken up from his slumber by human pirates transformed them into vampires as well. This ancient vampyr, Blood-Thane Lucard, was killed by an order champion, though Mrrgglton had his doubts as to whether vampyr can truly die.
- A race of vampire blood elves loyal to the Scourge.
- Their leader, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, transforms adventurers into vampires by biting them during her encounter in Icecrown Citadel.
- Lana'thel's daughter, Blood-Princess Thal'ena's Adventure Guide entry directly describes her mother as a vampyr.
- "Vampire Rush" is an ability used by Darkfallen Commanders.
- Prince Taldaram uses an ability called "Embrace of the Vampyr".
- Blood-Thane Lucard, a vrykul vampyr, was discovered by Sir Finley Mrrgglton in Dreyrgrot in Stormheim. His state was specifically compared to the San'layn by Mrrgglton, who had long suspected that some vrykul had also been cursed like the blood elves.
- The Red Blade fleet of human pirates found the tomb of Lucard, who upon being woken up seeped out a mist from the ancient ruins, transforming the pirates into blood-crazed vampires. Sir Finley gave the order champion a sharp wooden stake to stab Lucard through the heart with, but it turned out to be ineffective.
- Kirtonos the Herald, an undead who dwelled in the original Scholomance, drank the blood of his victims and transformed into a vampire (using the model of a gargoyle).
- Nathrezim are "psychic vampires" who feed on the weak-minded and often use their victims as slaves.
- Vampire bats are large bats that have been trained as scouts and mounts by the Forsaken of the Undercity and the Amani trolls of Zul'Aman.
- Vampiric Cave Bat
- Vampiric Duskbat
- Vampiric Felbat
- Vampiric Fiend
- Vampiric Mistbat
- Vampiric Shadowbat
In the RPG
- The vrykul of Northrend were initially described as vampiric by Chris Metzen at BlizzCon 2007, but this aspect was seemingly scrapped before the release of Wrath of the Lich King.
- Gnomeferatu is a gnome vampire in Hearthstone: Knights of the Frozen Throne.
- ^ In the Shadow of the Sun
- ^ a b c d
- ^ Blood-Princess Thal'ena dungeon journal
- ^ Blood-Crazed Swashbuckler
- ^ Lingering Hunger on Wowhead
- ^ - "Dreyrgrot is infested with pirate... vampires... pira-vamp... vampirates? GRAH! Just go slay them. The fools are plundering relics we buried for a reason. Such cursed artifacts were never meant to be unearthed."
- ^ Kirtonos Transform on Wowhead
- ^ The Demon Soul
- ^ Johnstone, Mike. Magic & Mayhem, 72. ISBN 9781588469540.