Vareesa's Copper Coin
Vareesa's Copper Coin is fished from the fountain in Dalaran.
- The item mispells Vereesa's name.
- It's worth to note that "Vareesa" was Vereesa's name in the then-canon Lands of Conflict RPG book.
The translation could be:
- "I wish for my honor. I will make peace, and the people will survive. Orcs are..."
But it could also mean something like:
- "I wish for honor. I will make peace, for death is eternal. Green ones..."
- Speculated that Vareesa begins her wish with saying "I wish...".
- "Talah" is presumed to mean "death", from the officially translated phrase "Bash'a no falor talah" said by Sylvanas, which means "Taste the chill of true death".
- "Adore" is a wild speculation, but it could be a part of, and have the same meaning as, the word "dor", from the word "Kalimdor" which means "Land of Eternal Starlight".
- The "green ones" could be referred to orcs, but also to the green eyed Blood Elves, whom Vereesa opposes. (If it really is Vereesa's coin and Vareesa is not a different person.)
Looking at the in-game word list for Thalassian, this phrase is composed almost entirely of words present in the in-game Thalassian "translator", except for "A'Talah". It is possible that the flavor text is an English phrase run through the in-game "translator". If so, the original text is not recoverable, since multiple input words correspond to the same output words. In particular, "Il'amare" and "Isera'duna" are the results of running "Sylvanas" and "Silvermoon" (among many other words) through the in-game Darnassian or Thalassian filter.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.