|This article is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
- For his biography, see Varimathras.
|Location||Chamber of Anguish, Antorus, the Burning Throne|
Varimathras is the eighth boss in Antorus, the Burning Throne.
As one of the dreadlords overseeing the Legion's forces during the Third War, Varimathras failed to stop the rebellious Lich King. He submitted to an ill-fated alliance with Sylvanas Windrunner, then made one last bid for power before facing a humiliating defeat. In payment for his blunders, Varimathras has been tortured by the Coven of Shivarra. The vindictive sisters stripped away both flesh and sanity, leaving only a singular desire to inflict suffering upon the mortals who cost him everything.
Varimathras uses the darkness of his cell to stalk his prey, attacking them with Alone in the Darkness.
- Position Marked Prey to avoid being knocked out of range of your allies.
- Quickly move out of Dark Fissure.
- Avoid spreading Necrotic Embrace to multiple allies.
- Torments of the Shivarra inflict constant raid wide damage.
- Players who suffer any Shadow damage are afflicted with Misery and cannot be healed for 7 sec.
- Avoid being hit by Shadow Strike while not tanking.
- Misery prevents all healing received and increases Physical damage taken for 7 sec.
Torments of the Shivarra
The Coven of Shivarra designed Varimathras' cell to torture him for all time.
- Torment of Flames — Flames fill Varimathras' cell, inflicting 250000 Fire damage to all players every 1 sec.
- Torment of Frost — Frigid air fills Varimathras' cell, inflicting 250000 Frost damage to all players every 1 sec. In addition, this effect reduces movement speed by 40%.
- Torment of Fel — Fel flames fill Varimathras' cell, inflicting 250000 Fire damage every 1 sec. The damage of this effect increases by 2% every tick.
- Torment of Shadows — Dark magic fills Varimathras' cell, inflicting 250000 Shadow damage every 1 sec.
The Fallen Nathrezim
- Misery — The darkness of Varimathras' cell weakens any player that suffers Shadow damage. This effect prevents all healing effects for 7 sec. In addition, all Physical damage taken is increased by 200%.
- Alone in the Darkness — Varimathras steps through the darkness, inflicting 1560000 to 1640000 Shadow damage to any player if they ever aren't within 8 yards of another player.
- Shadow Strike — Varimathras stikes all players in front of him, inflicting 4875000 to 5125000 Shadow damage in a 15 yard cone.
- Dark Fissure — Varimathras tears open 3 rifts under random players. Each rift inflicts 500000 Shadow damage every 2 sec for 6 sec. When the rift expires it inflicts 3900000 to 4100000 Shadow damage to all players within its radius.
- Marked Prey — Varimathras marks his prey, charging through the darkness towards them after 5 sec. As he charges, Varimathras will hunt the first target he hits, inflicting 1462500 to 1537500 Shadow damage and knocking the target back.
- Necrotic Embrace — Varimathras corrupts a random player, inflicting 1500000 Shadow damage after 4 sec. When Necrotic Embrace expires, it spreads to all players within 10 yards.
- Shadow of Varimathras — Whenever Varimathras moves through the darkness, his shadow lingers and attacks players until killed.
- So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
- When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.
- It matters not. You are blind to the true darkness closing in around you.
- So, she found me at last. Sent her underlings to finish the job.
- Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did.
- It matters not. You are blind to the darkness in your midst.
- Come, then. We will trade pain for pain!
- Draw your blades! I will show you torment!
- Torment of Flames
- Diima, Mother of Gloom yells: Look! The wretch struggles against the mortal intruders.
- Noura, Mother of Flames yells: Pathetic! Let them all burn!
- Varimathras yells: Grah! Damnable witches!
- Marked Prey
- Easy prey!
- You are mine!
- Back, cur!
- Necrotic Embrace
- Share your suffering!
- Let pain embrace you!
- Dark Fissure
- Pain awaits in the darkness!
- Ah, the agony of shadows!
- Torment of Frost
- Asara, Mother of Night yells: Perhaps the nathrezim has grown too familiar with the torment of flames, my sisters.
- Diima, Mother of Gloom yells: Then watch the icy grip of despair drain his will!
- Varimathras yells: You cannot break me!
- Torment of Shadows
- Noura, Mother of Flames yells: The prisoner weakens. He is close to surrender.
- Asara, Mother of Night yells: Lack of faith is his undoing. The fel will consume the unworthy.
- Varimathras yells: I... will... kill you all!
- Echoes of Doom
- Behold, pain given form!
- A gift born of agony!
- Close to Berserk
- Diima, Mother of Gloom yells: We cannot allow this wretch to savor victory.
- Goes Berserk
- Noura, Mother of Flames yells: The mortals falter!
- Asara, Mother of Night yells: Enough of this. Let the shadows claim them all.
- Varimathras yells: Arrrrraaaaagghhhh!
- Varimathras yells: Time to put an end to this!
- Varimathras yells: Behold the might of the nathrezim!
- Killed a player
- So easily broken!
- Is that all you can take?
- Pathetic and weak!
- Better that you died here, where she cannot claim you.
- Weaklings! You surrender to the merest taste of what I have suffered.
- Death... claims... us all.
- Your torment... is only... beginning.
- Asara, Mother of Night yells: His fate was ours to decide. You will pay for your insolence, mortals!
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Added.