As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- Not to be confused with Vectis.
|Race||Skeletal mage (Undead)|
|Location||Viewing Room, Scholomance|
|Companion(s)||Tinkee Steamboil (agent)|
Vectus is a level 42 elite skeletal mage mini-boss and one of the main necromancy teachers of Scholomance, the School of Necromancy. Vectus developed the plagued dragonflight found inside Scholomance, which he got by paying Tinkee Steamboil in the Burning Steppes money for eggs out of Blackrock Spire.
- Blast Wave - Unleashes a wave of flame, inflicting Fire damage to nearby enemies and reducing their movement speed for 6 sec.
- Flamestrike - Calls down a pillar of flame, burning all enemies in a selected area and inflicting additional damage every 2 sec. for 8 sec.
can transform Vectus' neutral students in the Viewing Room into hostile skeletons. This can be done safely from one of the room's corners or entrances. The skeletons are rather weak, so some fine AoE could take care of them. After taking care of all the students, you can pull and easily kill Marduk Blackpool alone before turning your attention to Vectus. Vectus has a fire aura that deals damage to players within melee range. If you don't have the Alexi's Gambit, you can still turn him hostile by attacking Marduk.
- Vectus says: Take note of the delicacy of the plagued dragon's diet. Only terrified flesh will suffice.
- Vectus says: Tomorrow we will begin training of our promising dragons, so don't forget your chew toys.
- Vectus says: When preparing the dragon's meal, be sure to torture the prisoner in view of the dragon. It responds well to pre-meal entertainment.
- Vectus says: The Lich King's forces are building. It is imperative that our timetable supports his plans.
- Vectus says: Our oldest clutch of dragons are still far from maturity, but with patience and study, we are confident the dragonflight will soon be ready.
- Vectus says: Now if you turn to page 34 in your text, you see an illustration of a dwarf undergoing dissection...
- Vectus says: From yesterday's field trip, Marduk showed us that the dragons will tolerate the meat of recently killed humanoids, but only if they died slowly and painfully.
- Vectus says: We await a batch of black dragon eggs from the Burning Steppes. We believe that, through their study, we will advance our knowledge dramatically.
- What, may I ask, are you doing here? Put on your student's attire, and study!
- Have you come from the Burning Steppes? Do you have my black dragon eggs?
- Be silent! Do you think our plagued dragons will hatch and train themselves?
- Vectus yells: What is this?! How dare you!
Vectus' living self appears as a neutral legendary minion in Hearthstone. He summons Plagued Hatchlings by infusing them with the Deathrattles of fallen minions, alluding to his methods of creating plagued dragons using necromancy. His flavor text reads: "Don’t let that dark magic worry you. He’ll ensure they hatch without a scratch."