Venom spiders are the size of a human. Its multiple eyes glitter with cunning, and a viscous fluid coats its mandibles. Long ago, Elwynn Forest was populated with a group of spiders that lived peacefully amid the woods. Yet when the curse fell over Duskwood and turned the once peaceful woodland into a realm of terror, the spiders began to mutate and grow to monstrous proportions. Now, the lurking venom spiders hunt their hapless prey in all of the shadowed corners of the land. Possessing both deadly acidic venom and powerful webbing, these cruel beasts stalk any foolish wanderers who stray too far into the haunted woods.
Types of Venom Spider
- Black Widows and Black Widow Hatchlings are found throughout Duskwood.
- Carrion Spinners, Dread Creepers, Poisonous Skitterers and Venom Stalkers are found in the Arachnid Quarter of Naxxramas.
- Cave Stalkers and Leech Stalkers are found in Thelgen Rock in the Wetlands
- Cavern Crawlers and Mature Cavern Crawlers are found in the tunnel that connects Zangarmarsh and Blade's Edge Mountains.
- Coldlurk Creepers are found in the Ban'Thallow Barrow Den in Winterspring.
- Corpse Skitterlings and Monstrous Corpse Spiders are found in Shadowmoon Burial Grounds.
- Darkmist Spiders are found in Darkmist Cavern in Dustwallow Marsh. They can also be found in Recluse and Silkspinner variations. They are led by the , and a rare can also be found amongst them.
- Darkweb Recluses and Hatchlings are found in the webbed hall of Drak'tharon Keep.
- Deadwind Widows are found in Deadwind Pass.
- Darksting Venom, Venomfang Spiders and Venomfang Spiderlings are found in caves of Gorgrond.
- , Gorged Burster, Toxic Spiderlings and Venom Sprayers are found in The Everbloom.
- are summoned by in Naxxramas.
- Mine Spiders are found in the Jasperlode Mine in Elwynn Forest.
- Myst Leechers and Spinners are found in Amberweb Pass on Bloodmyst Isle. Their matriarch is .
- Night Web Spiders,Vicious and Youngs have infested Night Web's Hollow in Tirisfal Glades. They are led by the .
- Northridge Spiders are found found at the Northridge Lumber Mill in the Western Plaguelands.
- Plague Lurkers are found in central Western Plaguelands.
- Ridgespine Horrors and Stalkers are found in Blade's Edge Mountains, on both Scalewing Shelf and Razor Ridge.
- Riven Widows and are found in Rivenwood in Howling Fjord.
- Rock Stalkers are found in Silithus.
- , and Shadraspawn Venomspitters are found in the Hinterlands, created by the rituals to summon the loa .
- Spider Mites are found in the Valley of the Four Winds, infesting the that grows in The Heartland.
- Spindleweb Spiders are found throughout the Ghostlands, also appearing in the Greater and Lurker variations.
- Trapdoor Ambushers and Crawlers are found in Zul'Drak.
- Venom Web Spiders are found in Duskwood.
- Vilebrood Skitterers and Webspinners have taken over Stormglen Village in Gilneas.
- Waterbite Creepers are found in the Gilded Fan of the Valley of the Four Winds.
- Generic spider critters can be found in the Ghostlands, Howling Fjord and Terokkar Forest, but they are also found in a large number of instances, including (among others) Utgarde Keep and Pinnacle, Mana Tombs, and the Black Temple. Some quite modest sized ones have even been seen in Naxxramas. One of these is needed for .
- Amethyst Spiderlings are found through the Krasarang Wilds.
- Ashen Spiders are found in Frostfire Ridge.
- Blood Spiders are found in Icecrown Citadel.
- Dreadspinner Hatchlings are found in the Dread Wastes.
- Dusk Spiderlings are found throughout Duskwood.
- Feverbite Hatchlings are found in the Forbidden Jungle of the Krasarang Wilds. Kill enough of them and herself will appear.
- Forest Spiderlings are found throughout Stranglethorn Vale.
- Jumping Spiders are found throughout the Jade Forest.
- are found on Darkmoon Isle.
- Plagued Insects can occasionally be found in supply crates in Stratholme
- spawn during the fight with in the Stonetalon Mountains.
- are found with the Cavern Crawlers in the cave that connects Zangarmarsh to Blade's Edge Mountains.
- Twilight Spiders are found with the Twilight Hammer in the Twilight Highlands and Deepholm.
- Underground Spiders are found beneath Gilneas City.
- Weeping Widows and are found in the Widow's Wail cave in Jade Forest.
- Widow Spiderlings are found throughout Duskwood.
- and her Recluse Hatchlings are hidden in the Thundermar Ruins of the Twilight Highlands.
- Blackfang, Darkwidow and Webwinder are spider battle pets of in Duskwood.
- is an elite spider that wanders through the Bone Wastes of Terokkar Forest.
- is found in the Forbidden Jungle of the Krasarang Wilds, appearing if you kill enough of Feverbite Hatchling her children.
- Helios is a spider living in Twilight Highlands and one of 's battle pets.
- is one of the random bosses that spawn in the Servants' Quarters in Karazhan.
- is a rare spider found in The Skittering Dark in Silverpine Forest.
- is a rare spider found in the Wetlands.
- is the final boss of the Arachnid Quarter of Naxxramas.
- is a rare spider found in the Darksting Cave in Gorgrond.
- is a rare spider found in the Jasperlode Mine in Elwynn Forest.
- is a rare spider found in a cave near Darkshire in Duskwood.
- is a rare spider found in Felwood
- is a massive spider found in Webwinder Hollow in the Stonetalon Mountains.
- is the matriarch of the vilebrood spiders, found in Rygna's Lair in Gilneas.
- is a loa of the Witherbark tribe, who takes the form of a giant spider during
- Shadowstalker is a rare spider found in Solliden Farmstead in Tirisfal Glades.
- is a large spider found in the mines north of Hearthglen in the Western Plaguelands.
- is a rare spider found in Venomweb Vale in Tirisfal Glades.
- is found in the Gilded Fan of the Valley of the Four Winds.
- is a rare spider found in the north of Tower of Azora in Elwynn Forest.
- is a massive spider found on Netherweb Ridge in Terokkar Forest.
- is the matriarch of the giant spiders of Amberweb Pass.
- Chattering Horrors and Nightmare Skitterlings are found in the Deadmines, as part of the nightmare sequence of .
In the RPG
Venom spiders appear to have a crude cunning, betraying their potential relations to the ancient kingdom of Azjol-Nerub. Heroes who have encountered them have reported a bestial hatred gleaming from their multi-faceted eyes. These arachnids show an uncanny understanding of tactics. For instance, a colony of venom spiders will work together to drive potential prey into web traps. Venom spiders will instinctively use their webs to trap or detain potential prey. They will then drop down out of the trees in which they dwell and use their acidic bite to subdue and kill their victims.