High Priest Venoxis
- For information on the boss encounter introduced with Patch 4.1, see High Priest Venoxis (tactics). For information on the old boss encounter, see High Priest Venoxis (Classic).
|Race||Zandalari troll (Humanoid)|
|Status||Deceased (Lore), Killable (WoW)|
High Priest Venoxis was the Zandalari High Priest of the Primal God Hethiss, the snake god. Sent to Zul'Gurub to stop Hakkar the Soulflayer, he was turned by the blood god and had to be slain at the Zandalari's behest.
World of Warcraft
In order to quell Hakkar the Soulflayer, King Rastakhan sent a contingent of Zandalari High Priests into the ancient city of Zul'Gurub. Each priest was a powerful champion of the Primal Gods, or loa, but despite their best efforts, they fell under the sway of Hakkar and were forced to channel power into the blood god. Ultimately, Venoxis and the other priests were slain by the adventurers who entered the city and killed Hakkar.
Several years later, the shade of Jin'do recovered the body of Venoxis and the other High Priests. He enlisted the aid of Zanzil the Outcast to resurrect them in the service of Hakkar. Agents of the Zandalar Tribe attempted to stop the ritual and managed to destroy the body of Jeklik. Seen as the Spirit of Venoxis in the snake form, the adventurers failed to prevent Venoxis from being successfully restored to life as Hakkar's slave.
After Zul pledged to aid the Gurubashi reach their former greatness, the latter began attacking Stranglethorn and Venoxis personally sent serpents to attack the towns of Bambala, Fort Livingston, Nesingwary's Expedition, Grom'gol Base Camp and the Rebel Camp. He was ultimately defeated once more in the revamped Zul'Gurub.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|High Priest Venoxis (Classic)||??||210,000|
|Northern Stranglethorn||32 - 37||267|
|High Priest Venoxis (tactics)||87||670,950|
- Spirit of Venoxis
- Heal — Calls upon Holy magic to heal an ally.
- Main article: High Priest Venoxis (Classic)#Quotes
- Main article: Spirits Are With Us#Notes
- Main article: High Priest Venoxis (tactics)#Quotes
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Now a boss encounter in the updated version of Zul'Gurub.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Zul'Gurub removed. Now part of a quest in the Cape of Stranglethorn.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Added in Zul'Gurub.
|High Priest Venoxis||Spirit of Venoxis|