|Race||Night elf (Humanoid)|
|Location||Tower of Estulan, Feralas|
Seeds of Faith
When a massive naga invasion overwhelmed Sardor Isle in the immediate after effects of the Cataclysm, the Moonspears were part of the evacuation to the top of the tree tower, but Latro fell behind. Certain that he was dead, Vestia fell to sobs of grief and despair. Shandris Feathermoon had to implore her to get on an evacuation hippogryph for the mainland, telling her that he would have wanted her to go on, for himself and the others who had given their lives. To Shandris' great relief, she contained her sobs and allowed the general to guide her onto the hippogryph, who winged her away to safety.
Soon after Tyrande Whisperwind arrived to rescue Shandris, she found Latronicus' body in one of the buildings, confirming that he was dead. Malfurion Stormrage and Tyrande later conducted a mass funeral in Darnassus for all those that had been killed in the Cataclysm, as their people gathered around them with the couple in the center. From the couple's home, a recovering Shandris spotted Vestia standing alone at the edge of the gathering. Funeral biers on wagons containing the dead were blessed one final time by Tyrande before their interment; it is highly probable that Latronicus's remains was one of them.
With the return of the Highborne, the scholar in Vestia spurred her to learn from them; she saw the opportunity to be more valuable than practicing strict ignorance of the arcane. She joined the Highborne at the Tower of Estulan, teaching several of Estulan's apprentices the inherent danger of using arcane magic frivolously. Vestia feels she can offer these youths the guidance and wisdom they need.
Some of Vestia's friends did not understand why she would join the Highborne, and ended their friendships with her. Vestia does not express any anger or bitterness over this, but rather wishes that they would understood her reasons for doing so.
Seeds of Faith
- "Latro—he fell behind! Oh, Elune, watch over him. He is gone; he is gone...."
- I was once a priestess, but I've always been a scholar. The chance to learn from the Highborne seemed more valuable than practicing strict ignorance.
- What's more most of the apprentices here are youths who came of age during the third war. They need guidance, wisdom...
- I only wish those who used to call me friend understood.
- Vestia speaks to three Apprentices of Estulan standing before her.
- Vestia Moonspear says: Magic is a tool, some would even say a gift. But you should never forget its fundamental nature.
- Vestia Moonspear says: Arcane magic twists the boundaries of our world. It weakens the laws of this realm to allow the impossible to happen, if only for a moment.
- Vestia Moonspear says: That single moment is all a demon needs to wreak havoc. The Burning Legion has watched us for millenia[sic], always waiting for the smallest rift to slip through, the smallest stirring to whisper from.
- Vestia Moonspear says: Remember this, young ones. Every spell you cast, no matter how minor, cuts both ways. This is why sorcery must never be used frivolously.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Relocated to the Tower of Estulan. Model changed.