Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Villains of Darrowshire
41 (Requires 39)
Bring the Skull of Horgus and the Shattered Sword of Marduk to Chromie at Crown Guard Tower in Eastern Plaguelands.
The tells of the villains of that battle. It tells how the ghoul lord Horgus the Ravager was destroyed by Alliance forces during the battle. He was slain among the foothills north of here, and his skull remains there.
Marduk the Black was never defeated, but his fabled sword now rusts, ownerless. It can be found near the road to our southeast.
Retrieve these items, <name>. I know not why, but I am certain their fate lies with you.
Did you find the skull and the sword, <name>?
Ghosts surround the Sword of Marduk. Picking up the sword causes the ghosts to vanish.
The skull, too, is surrounded by ghosts. These ghosts are fighting one another. Some of the things they say:
- Spectral Betrayer says: Your soul is doomed!
- Spectral Defender says: Fight for your families! Don't give up!
- Spectral Betrayer says: Hail the Lich King!
- Spectral Defender says: Fight! Fight for Darrowshire!
- Spectral Defender says: If we fall, then Darrowshire is doomed!
- Spectral Betrayer says: Join us, or fall forever!
- Spectral Defender says: Our captain has fallen!
- Spectral Betrayer says: Scourge will prevail!
- Spectral Defender says: We must not give up!
- Spectral Defender says: The Alliance has abandoned us!
- Spectral Defender says: Where is the Silver Hand? We need their help!
Again, collecting the skull dispels the ghosts.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Updated for Cataclysm.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): The elementals in the plaguelands no longer attack the Spectral Defenders.