The exterior of the Vindicaar
Argus, seen from inside the Vindicaar
The Vindicaar (pronounced VIN-di-caar) is a vessel created by the draenei in order to return to their homeworld of Argus after the death of Kil'jaeden during the Burning Legion's third invasion.
The Vindicaar serves as the adventurers' mobile base of operations — and one of their safe havens — on Argus, as it can give access to an extensive network of teleportation hubs.
Handled by Grand Artificer Romuul, the preparations for the vessel's trip to Argus started after the Battle for the Exodar. The Exodar has long been crippled by the crash that brough the draenei to Azeroth many years ago. Every spare moment, every resource, has gone toward the birth of a new vessel, an instrument of retribution. Light's Heart was also brought aboard.
The former main weapon of the Xenedar, Light's Judgment, was salvaged and installed on the Vindicaar to play a similar role.
After all three pieces of the Crown of the Triumvirate were gathered, the Vindicaar's color scheme changed from purple to gold.
Please add any available information to this section.
- Unseen Path
Many character dialogues or gossip texts on the Vindicaar are in conflict with established lore and erroneous. They are likely developper oversights, as some were confirmed to be.
- For example, Khadgar not visiting "another world" prior to Argus in his gossip text. This was confirmed to be an oversight.
- Turalyon being glad to "see again" blood elves, worgen or pandaren, because of the use of the <race> variable. This too was confirmed to be a mistake.
- Lady Liadrin stating that the soldiers of the Army of the Light are as long-lived as the elves. Elves only live for around 3,000 years, while draenei can live for more than 25,000 years, so 8 times longer. The night elven race did not even exist 15,000 years ago. Moreover, soldiers of the Army of the Light were forged in the Light and made immortal, so the comparison cannot even stand.
- Lady Liadrin, similarly to Khadgar, can't believe that she set foot on another world, when she went to Outland and the alternate Draenor before.
- After their introduction, the draenei were often derided as looking much like the protoss from StarCraft. Ironically, the Vindicaar now looks similar to a protoss mothership. Many elements such as the command bridge with the view on the planet and original homeworld of the blue aliens, where all the major NPCs are situated and where the missions are accessible, as well as the upgrading of the spaceship as the player progresses through the campaign and unlocks new abilities for the ship, and other small details like draenei dragoons and their warframes, the teleportation pylons, the artificer commenting and guiding the technological advancements of the ship, seem to have heavily been inspired from Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void.
- A small area on the lower floor of the Vindicaar features banners and NPCs that change based on the player's class, representing their class order.
This article or section includes speculation, observations or opinions possibly supported by lore or by Blizzard officials. It should not be taken as representing official lore.
- In Year 28, three years before the events of Legion, Vindicator Romnar claimed that the Exodar was a week away from flying again. In Legion, Grand Artificer Romuul was ordered to begin repairs on "the vessel." In Patch 7.3.0, however, the Exodar was stated to have long been crippled by the crash that brought the draenei to Azeroth many years ago. Velen then said that every spare moment, every resource, had gone toward the birth of a new vessel, the Vindicaar. As such, that latter statement seems to have in fact been referring to the Vindicaar.
- The Vindicaar could be a dimensional ship, as it was built from the scraps of one. However, it has not proven to be able to travel between worlds by itself, or to warp time and teleport.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-08-30): "A Prime Naaru has found its way onto the Vindicaar to provide aid to recently fallen heroes."
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Added.