||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- Vindication (1 rank)
- Protection, Tier 5
- Your Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous reduce physical damage done by their primary targets by 10% for 30 sec.
Vindication is a Paladin talent in the Protection tree. You will need to spend 21 points in Protection to max it. It boosts your [Crusader Strike] and [Hammer of the Righteous].
- This is another important talent in the tanking-category, based on lowering the opponents attack instead of increasing the Paladin's defense. Given its useful effect and that it only requires 1 talent point, it is a must for all serious tankadins.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): No longer allows [Hammer of Justice] to interrupt stun-immune targets. With [Rebuke] baseline, this functionality is no longer necessary.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Again, redesigned. Now lowers the physical damage done by the target, instead of attack power. Also moved from Retribution to Protection, from Tier 3 to Tier 5, and reduced from 2 ranks to 1. Has increased in duration from 10 to 30 sec, and is now percent-based instead of fixed number-based.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Redesigned. Now lowers target attack power, is consistent, and does not stack with [Demoralizing Shout].
- Hotfix (2009-06-08): "The Retribution Paladin talent Vindication no longer reduces the targets stamina or intellect but does correctly lower agility, spirit, and strength as mentioned: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17631617432"
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Reduced to 2 ranks for 10/20% attribute reduction.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Frequency and duration increased and now reduces all attributes by 5/10/15%, not just Strength and Agility.
- Duration changed from 10 sec to 15 sec.