Viper Sting (hunter ability)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
Viper Sting applies a poisonous sting that drain 4% mana over 8 sec (up to a maximum of 8% of the caster's maximum mana). Only one Sting per hunter can be active on any one target.
Viper Sting is used against spell casters or any class with mana.
- (Marksmanship Talent): Reduces the mana cost of your Shots and Stings by 2% per rank (5 ranks total).
- (Marksmanship Talent): Increases the mana drained by your Viper Sting by 6% per rank (5 ranks total).
- (Survival Talent): Increases the range of your ranged weapon by 2 yards per rank (3 ranks total).
Tips and tactics
- When used with wound and deadly/mind numbing poison it's very annoying for a priest in PvP, especially if they're not specced holy.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now drains a percentage of maximum mana.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Spells that drain mana will now properly report the amount of mana gained in the combat log.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): This spell can no longer be used on warrior and rogue targets. In addition, while it can be used on a druid target at any time it will only drain mana when the druid is in caster form.
- Patch 0.10 (2004-09-18): Mana damage has been increased.