Vision of N'Zoth
- For the patch also called "Visions of N'Zoth", see patch 8.3.0.
After being freed from the Last Prison during the Fourth War, N'Zoth began trying to tear down the veil separating the physical world from Ny'alotha unleashing nightmares and visions of a future in which the Old Gods are ascendant unto Azeroth.
As despair and madness consume the land, the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance will need to fight for their sanity—and the fate of their wounded world. Delve further into the future that the Old God N’Zoth envisions for Azeroth and gird your mind against his maddening Assaults and Horrific Visions.
From the Chamber of Heart, players may access the:
Players seeking bigger challenges and the next exchelon of rewards can adventure into bonus areas of Heroic Visions to discover Faceless Masks.
Completing a Horrific Vision may reward up to item level 470, divided into tiers listed below. However, it is only possible to receive each tier once per week. Subsequent runs will grant the highest-remaining eligible tier.
|Vision Boss Only||420|
|Vision Boss + 2 Bonus Objectives||430|
|Full Clear + 1 Mask||450|
|Full Clear + 2 Masks||455|
|Full Clear + 3 Masks||460|
|Full Clear + 4 Masks||465|
|Full Clear + 5 Masks||470|
There are five faceless masks in total. The first requires completing all five objectives in a single visit, and the remainder are only possible with at least one mask active:
- - reduces Sanity cap by 50%
- - spawns void zones behind they player
- - increases incoming sanity damage from creatures by 400%
- - unlocks additonal madnesses
- - while below 50% sanity, summons enemies
Notes and trivia
- The visions are first entered in questing , and .
- Entering the mind of N'Zoth is also done in the N'Zoth the Corruptor raid fight.
- The visions share a similar thematic to Hearthstone: Whispers of the Old Gods.
- It is unclear if the Visions of N'Zoth are versions of Azeroth in Ny'alotha or only versions of Azeroth from N'Zoth's mind.
- The Realm of Y'Shaarj is very similar to the Visions of N'Zoth, and it could be simply a vision of Y'Shaarj.
- ^ https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1108993-visions-of-nzoth-content-update-development-notes/
- ^ World of Warcraft 2019-10-07. Watch the New Developer Content Update Preview (03:20). YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-11-24.
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment, 9 Jan 2020, Visions of N'Zoth: Assaults and Horrific Visions Preview
- ^ Kaivax, 17 Jan 2020, "Horrific Visions Rewards" (blue post also archived at Wowhead)
- ^ Sanghelios, 13 Jan 2020, Faceless Masks tutorial at Wowhead