Vision of the Forlorn
The Vision of the Forlorn is one of the characters that sees in one of his visions. He is shown kneeling before the . After casting he becomes Vision of the Remembered. Kurz will occasionally ask himself what the meaning of the vision could be after it fades.
- It is unclear who the hooded figure is until he takes off his disguise, whereby he is revealed to be . An unidentified naaru, called the , also appears in this same vision. It is strongly believed to be or . However, this naaru looks darkened like . It is believed that the naaru represents Bolvar's faith in the Light and it is darkened because he was close to giving up all hope and joining the Scourge. Near the end of the vision, the figure unmasks himself to become the "Vision of the Redeemed". It is Bolvar in his old armor, from before he went to Northrend. This seems to indicate that Bolvar's hope has been renewed. It is at this point that he knows what he must do: carry the burden of the Helm of Domination and become the new . In the end, the Vision of the Redeemed casts Retribution Aura. This could mean that Bolvar has completely regained his faith in the Light and that he has accepted his fate as the Jailor of the Damned.
- Some also believe this hints at salvation for Bolvar, possibly at the hands of the Naaru.
- This seems to contradict the statement, that Bolvar's fate was only decided after community feedback to the Wrathgate incident. It is however impossible that this vision inspired the storyline transpiring in Wrath of the Lich King.
- Another theory is that the humans, the Alliance or the forces of Azeroth altogether join the Army of the Light under the Naaru and fight the enemies of the Light, and in doing so becoming remembered.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.