|“Visions of N'Zoth”|
October 7, 2019
|Highlights & notes|
|Patches • Patches category|
The patch was deployed on the Public Test Realm on October 7, 2019.
The Old God N'Zoth has risen from the depths to threaten Azeroth. Working alongside Magni, Wrathion, and other luminaries, players will attempt to empower Azeroth with defenses originally built by the titans. In return, the Old God attempts to corrupt the very minds of the player-characters with Visions of N'Zoth, a new, repeatable type of content where players explore a twisted reflection of a defeated future Azeroth.
This major update includes a number of new features, changes to existing systems, and other improvements that you can join us in testing.
Now Available for Testing
- New world and questing content
- New instanced content: Visions of N'Zoth
- Horrific Visions in Stormwind and Orgrimmar
- Lesser Visions in Uldum and Vale of Eternal Blossoms
- Titan Research Tree (early iteration, with more to come in a later PTR update)
- Legendary Cloak
- Heritage Armor quests – Goblins and Worgen
- Heroic difficulty Darkshore Warfront
- Heart of Azeroth
- New Essences
- Additional Minor slot
- Two additional Stamina nodes
- Maximum level increased to 85 (was 70)
- Additional infinite progression slot to aid you against N'Zoth's corruption at max level (coming in a later PTR update)
- PvP – "Servant of N'Zoth" event for Slayers who become bounty hunted
- Auction House major revamp 13
- Classes and Essences updates 16
In order to test much of the above, please look for "Heartzertauren" vendors in Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and the Chamber of Heart. Testers will need to purchase the Legendary Cloak and Coalescing Visions from them in order to access Horrific Visions. These vendors will also provide the first examples of Corrupted Items and Essences.
Coming Soon in this Update
- New Allied Races – Mechagnomes and Vulpera
- New Raid – Ny'alotha
- New Story Quests: Rise of N'Zoth
- Season 4 PvP and Mythic Keystone Dungeon updates
- Operation: Mechagon has been divided into two wings, each with Heroic and Mythic Keystone difficulties
- New Battle Pets and Pet Battle Dungeon – Blackrock Depths
- Darkmoon Arcade – Play your favorite mini-games at the Darkmoon Faire
- PvP – Deepwind Gorge re-imagined/updated to be a capture point map
- Professions updates
- New PvP catch-up gear for all crafting Professions
- New upgrade level for Alchemy Stone, Jewelcrafting rings, and Engineering goggles.
- New Ny'alotha Vantus Runes.
For a first look at some of the above features, check out this new development update video from Game Director Ion Hazzikostas:
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2019-10-07. Watch the New Developer Content Update Preview. Blizzard Entertainment. Retrieved on 2019-10-07.
- ^ https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1108993-visions-of-nzoth-content-update-development-notes/