Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Void elf (playable)
|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- This article is about the playable race. For the void elf lore, see Void elf.
- Main article: Void elf#History
Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these Void Elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance.
Creation screen description
Seeking to harness the corruptive magic of the Void, these outcast elves endured an unexpected transformation. They are determined to master their newfound powers and resist the whispers eager to lure them into madness.
Alleria Windrunner: The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!
Void elves have extremely pale skin, blue eyes, and hair with varying shades of purple and blue - sometimes with tenticle-shaped dreadlocks. On occasion in combat they fully embrace the Void, shrouding their entire bodies in purple shadow magic. Alleria is the only elf shown to be able to use this transformation at will.
In order to unlock the ability to play as void elves, players will need to have completed the achievement , be exalted with the Argussian Reach, and have a level 110 Alliance character. These requirements are account wide in that players do not have to earn all requirements on the same character or even an Alliance character to unlock.
- Main articles: Jokes#Void elf male, Jokes#Void elf female
- Main articles: Flirt#Void elf male, Flirt#Void elf female
Notes and trivia
- In the patch 7.3.5 PTR, the race's description was as such: "Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these void elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance."
- Void elves speak in a thick British accent.
- Class and profession trainers in the Cathedral of Light are a little uneasy towards the void elves if one of them walks inside.
- Playable Void Elves start out at Friendly with the Argussian Reach.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Added.